cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage lender scoring

tag
jmussel1218

Mortgage lender scoring

Right now my experian score is a 629 however my experian 2 score that the mortgage lender has pulled says its a 524. Im trying to get up to 620 to qualify for a mortgage.  What are the big differences between these reports and if the fico simulator says doing an action will raise my score, will this also affect my experian 2 score.  I need any help I can get. Thanks everyone.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage lender scoring

@jmussel1218 wrote:

Right now my experian score is a 629 however my experian 2 score that the mortgage lender has pulled says its a 524. Im trying to get up to 620 to qualify for a mortgage.  What are the big differences between these reports and if the fico simulator says doing an action will raise my score, will this also affect my experian 2 score.  I need any help I can get. Thanks everyone.

The Fico 8 score places less emphasis on small collections. The simulator is only for Fico 8, but some actions will positively impact the earlier scores. How much time do you have to raise the score to 620? That's a pretty big spread, and it may be that the only way to do it in the short term is to see if you can get the derogatory entries removed.

Message 2 of 3
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Mortgage lender scoring

Keep in mind for mortgage loans the lender will use your middle score IE not the highest or the lowest. I would base your strategy on how can raise your current middle score or raise the lowest score that 620 level.  If you mortgage lender has access to Creidt Xpert they would be able to help guide you in that effort. Credit Xpert is FICO simulator that is used by lenders it is best FICO simulator arround bar none.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.