New Visitor
ashe

Mortgage refinance

I have recently refinanced my home mortgage that was just in my name, into my wifes name only. How will this effect my score? I had the mortgage for a little less then 2 years, have had no late payments and have a score over 700.

Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Re: Mortgage refinance

ashe wrote:
I have recently refinanced my home mortgage that was just in my name, into my wifes name only. How will this effect my score? I had the mortgage for a little less then 2 years, have had no late payments and have a score over 700.

I really shouldn't hurt the score ecept for now you may not have any installement loans open you do have a mortgage on your histry though

Moderator Emeritus
LadyFICO

Curious as to why you did this are you trying to make your util look lower?
Established Member
Rich97

Does that work? You just gave me a couple of ideas!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+