Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage scores on MyFico vs Lender Pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage scores on MyFico vs Lender Pull

Hello all! How many of you have had your lender pulls and MyFico mortgage scores be identical?

Current scenario: EQ 721 EX 716 TU 663

Current utilization is around 45%. I'll have that down to 5% within 30 days. Shooting for a middle score of 740 before refinancing my primary residence.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mortgage scores on MyFico vs Lender Pull

Everyone that's reported including my own at least on all the standard mortgage types including jumbos too.

My LO did a double-take when he asked me how my credit was, I told him my mid score was 725, and guess what came back when they pulled my credit Smiley Happy.

You will VERY occasionally find a portfolio lender which uses something non-standard, but they're so limited in scope the odds of someone stumbling over them without substantial effort is unlikely.  The secondary mortgage markets all operate on the same scores for their evaluations, and until the GSE's move, it's unlikely anyone else will either... and at that point it'll probably be a line in the sand and everyone will switch virtually overnight in market terms when these things usually take years.

        
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exact match, twice.

Message 3 of 7
SRob10
Valued Member

Re: Lender Pulls vs MyFico Mortgage Scores

I have, I pulled my mortgage fico scores and within 3 days submitted an application to 2 different lenders and my scores were all exactly the same. One of those lenders was a credit union that told me they used fico 8 scoring which was obviously false.
Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lender Pulls vs MyFico Mortgage Scores

OP, I have removed your duplicate thread from the mortgage forum. Please refrain from cross posting the same topic in multi forums. Thanks for your understanding.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about that. I posted on the other board, then realized it was probably more appropriate for this board. I couldn't figure out how to delete the other thread from my iphone.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys! Glad to know I'm not obsessing over these mortgage scores for nothing. Lol!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.