cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple EQ inq's with no loans reporting...how does it effect EQ score?

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Multiple EQ inq's with no loans reporting...how does it effect EQ score?

For several years now I have been financing through my CU for vehicles. It wasn't until i started pulling my CR's that i realized that they do not report. I asked them about it, and they said they just don't report and they have done it for a few people in the past, but i guess due to fee's associated with it they just decided to stop.

So my question is i have several inq's on my report the past 2yrs from financing vehicles, refi vehicles, etc...all of which were approved, but none are getting reported. So to the CRA's and other lenders that pull EQ does that look like i am app'ing with them a lot and never getting approved? Also, would this cause my EQ FICO to stay low? It is currently my only FICO score that is under 600.

thanks,

John

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Multiple EQ inq's with no loans reporting...how does it effect EQ score?

I don't think that it would be viewed negatively.   Also FICO only scores inquiries for 1 year, so after that there won't be any lingering score damage.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Multiple EQ inq's with no loans reporting...how does it effect EQ score?

@pizzadude wrote:

I don't think that it would be viewed negatively.   Also FICO only scores inquiries for 1 year, so after that there won't be any lingering score damage.

thats what i'm thinking but just can't think of any other reasoning why my EQ is much lower than my other 2 scores. Guess, i need to pull the reports again soon and see what is on each of them again.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.