Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Inquiries on Same Day

tag
_John_Doe
Contributor

Multiple Inquiries on Same Day

I was reviewing my credit report and noticed that when my wife and I applied for a car loan (which we were approved for) there were three inquiries all on the same day from the same group, Toyota Motor Financial. So essentially my report is showing three hard pulls when it would seem to be it should be one pull. Am I correct or am I misunderstanding the way inquiries work?

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: EQ 709 EXP 702 TU 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: Multiple Inquiries on Same Day

Each time the dealer changes something (e.g. the VIN), they might do another HP.  However, all HPs coded as auto in 14 days time, will count as one HP for credit scoring.

Message 2 of 3
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

Re: Multiple Inquiries on Same Day

@_John_Doe wrote:
I was reviewing my credit report and noticed that when my wife and I applied for a car loan (which we were approved for) there were three inquiries all on the same day from the same group, Toyota Motor Financial. So essentially my report is showing three hard pulls when it would seem to be it should be one pull. Am I correct or am I misunderstanding the way inquiries work?

Ford Motor Credit did the same thing for me when they approved for Tier 0 this year.

2 inquiries on EX, on the same day, at the same dealership, for the same car purchase.

As stated above, it will only count once for scoring purposes but the physical "number" of inquiries will reflect the multiple pulls.

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |
TU 08 FICO - 812 | EQ 08 FICO - 799 | EX 08 FICO - 793 |

Utilization - 16% | AAOA - 4.3 years | In Garden - Since 9/6/16
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.