Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Equifax Score is 850

tag
bada_bing
Frequent Contributor

Re: My Equifax Score is 850

Thanks for posting all the data Abby3. It is appreciated.

I hope I post 850 scores in the spring next year. My youngest

CC account will be 2 y.o. in March 2016. I also have a mortgage refi I

took out in Nov. 2012. It is a 30 year 7-1 arm, so I won't be at 20%

of the mortgage term but I will be below 80% of the original balance.

We'll see.  The last few points are excruciatingly slow, lol.

+ 850 FICO8 since 2015, Thanks MyFICO - 5+ years since last HP
Message 21 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only problem with your scores is: there's only one way to go - DOWN. 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
Congrats !!!! Please let us know if you can attain 850 across all 3 CR's. I say it's basically impossible. Unless all 3 match exactly, which is so highly unlikely, I think you'll drive yourself crazy trying. Just enjoy being over 800. That's awesome.
Message 22 of 40
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The only problem with your scores is: there's only one way to go - DOWN. 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
Congrats !!!! Please let us know if you can attain 850 across all 3 CR's. I say it's basically impossible. Unless all 3 match exactly, which is so highly unlikely, I think you'll drive yourself crazy trying. Just enjoy being over 800. That's awesome.

All three at the same score (even at 850) isn't too unlikely with FICO 8 - it's much more consistent across CRAs than the three different mortgage scores, anyway. (assuming no truely major reporting differences, anyway).

And unlike the mortgage scores, which seem to have "natural" maximums at less than 850 (EX844/EQ818/TU839 according to CRA docs), FICO 8 appears to have a "natural" maximum OVER 850 - and it is then truncated/capped down to 850 max.  (Based on some light testing last year - it appeared to be possible to "pin the needle" at 850, where certain (small) changes (mostly balance/util) seemed to have no effect.  Those same changes would, at 849 or less, ALWAYS drop a point or two.)

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 23 of 40
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

I am actually surprised that someone hasn't kicked off a Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 850 or above? thread long ago, lol.

Message 24 of 40
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

was this score pulled from EQ itself, or, on here. It that a true FICO score? regardless, its a nice one!
Message 25 of 40
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

I am actually surprised that someone hasn't kicked off a Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 850 or above? thread long ago, lol.

Grin, probably because the 760+ thread is more accessible and doesn't quite have some of the same negative connotations that would might.  Occasionally we still get the "pshaw, I ain't listening, you have a 720 FICO you can't possibly give me any useful advice" people Cat Tongue and no need to further that.

I will probably never get to 850 unless I get so comfortable in my life that there's nothing I want to use my credit report for.  That'll be a while if ever, maybe retirement.  There's likely something I should be leveraging my credit report for on a semi-regular basis in the future.

        
Message 26 of 40
Abby3

My original mortgage was $269k - I don't remember the balance when I refinanced - maybe high 170s - the balance is about $149K
Message 27 of 40
Abby3

Score was pulled from here? MyFico
Message 28 of 40
Abby3

Scores haven't changed in awhile - EXP jumped 9 pts in April - I just paid a card balance that I was hanging onto for a few months - waiting to see if that makes any difference in score change; I have noticed that the biggest deterrent to scores moving up is credit card balances. I do believe that having a long credit history, using different types of credit, having cash to lower the credit card balances and then paying them off seems to helped move the scores up
EQ 850 / TU 843 / EXP 848
Message 29 of 40
Abby3

As drewg350 stated the only direction these scores can go is down; I am thinking about applying for an auto loan - I am curious to see how that will impact my scores - I haven't always had stellar credit - long ago I had credit issues - charge offs and I couldn't even get a secured card; for those who believe they won't get there - reversing the trend from low to high can be done
Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.