Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Experian Observation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Experian Observation

I got my Experian score one last time and dropped 21 points since last month.

Last month - 789

2 accounts less than 1 year old

Revolving balance - $272

This month - 768

1 account less than 1 year old

Revolving balance - $404

I had to check and make sure all my credit lines were in tact.  By my calculations my utilization went from 1.6% to 2.38%.  Blah. The only other difference I can find is my installment balances went down a couple hundred bucks.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My Experian Observation

Are there more CCs w/ a balance than before?
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, 3 accounts w/balances overall on each pull - my favorite Visa and a car loan and student loan.
Message 3 of 25
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Wow. I guess EX is really jumpy.
Message 4 of 25
fused
Moderator Emeritus

This is very odd. You probably know what I'm going to ask, are you sure nothing else changed?
Message 5 of 25
marty56
Super Contributor

EX doesnt like high util on CC cards even though total util is low.  What is the util on each card.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 25
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@fused wrote:
This is very odd. You probably know what I'm going to ask, are you sure nothing else changed?

Something had to have changed. I would check the dates all the accounts showed as having been opened for example. If you look hard enough you will find something. Strange as the scoring systems seem to be from time to time there is always a reason. Maybe a closed account dropped off the report?

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went through line by line and all accounts are the same, only with updated data.  All opening dates are the same.  Both reports show the same inquiry.  No lates, etc.  The past largest balance on my card went from $338 to $641, but as I understand that is not considered for scoring purposes.  The util on the one card went from 3.89% to 5.77%.  Is there a threshold there?  I've been living by the 1-9% rule..
Message 8 of 25
cobra19
Valued Contributor

r.....my experience has always been that EX is more sensitive to utility than the other two. TU the least sensitive.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those scores are from this website?
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.