cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Experian score is 641 and my TU & EQ FICO are 513...wtf?

tag
cb123

My Experian score is 641 and my TU & EQ FICO are 513...wtf?

Can anyone help explain the descrepancy between my three scores?   I've recently paid off my debt...the EX score seems to be up-to-date & my TU & EQ seem to be as of 12/08.  Am I missing something?  Need to buy car soon and am concerned....

Help!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: My Experian score is 641 and my TU & EQ FICO are 513...wtf?

Hi, welcome to the forums!

Your EX score is what we call a FAKO. Consumers have not been able to purchase their EX FICO score since Experian stopped offering it on 2/13/2009.

Did you buy your score at the Experian site? It's most likely their PLUS score.

Also, you have to wait for each paid-off account to update to trigger score changes, and then you have to wait for each CRA (credit bureau) to update your report. Most of your CC's probably report new balances to the CRA's on your statement date. (Not the due date, but the date that the statement "drops" or posts.) EX generally updates right away, and TU and EQ can easily take a week to mosey over and enter the new balances on your reports.

So, two things: you're comparing apples to oranges (EX FAKO vs EQ and TU FICO's), and a possibility that your reports haven't yet fully updated.

If you haven't already, please read Understanding Your FICO ® Score and Credit Scoring 101 (at least the first post.)

These will give you the background knowledge you need to understand what you read here on the forums.

edited to clarify that it was Experian's decision to no longer allow consumers to buy their EX FICO score.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 04-17-2009 09:54 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Experian score is 641 and my TU & EQ FICO are 513...wtf?

I am dealing with a similar issue.  My TU report seems to have a few discrepancies. I am completing a dispute and hopefully that will bring my score up.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.