Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My FICO Transunion, FICO Experian scores different from Transunion and Experian

tag
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

My FICO Transunion, FICO Experian scores different from Transunion and Experian

Okay, so I decided today that I would pull my FICO Experian and My FICO Transunion scores and compare them with the Experian and Transunion scores.

MyFico Experian-729

MyFico Transunion- 689

MyFico Equifax- 693 (20 pt increase today, yay)

vs

Experian- 715

Transunion- 677

And as I understand, the basic sites are only "educational scores"-FAKO? , and the MyFICO scores are my real FICO scores, or the ones lenders will use. So today I canceled the Experian account and the customer service rep did his best (being his job) to convince me to keep it, saying that scoring models are different (obviously) and that this was such a great account to have, and while that may be, I'd rather pay $20 for my real scores than $15 for educational scores. He even said he'd cut my bill down to $7 a month (probably should have taken the deal). I'm going to cancel Transunion next week. 

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: My FICO Transunion, FICO Experian scores different from Transunion and Experian

It's normal for FICO scores to be different ( sometimes substantially ) from the FAKO scores sold by the CRAs.

Take a look at the credit scoring 101 threads in this link:
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Frequently-Requested-Threads/td-p/19320

I will be moving this post to Understanding FICO scoring.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: My FICO Transunion, FICO Experian scores different from Transunion and Experian

Thanks.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.