Frequent Contributor
Steelersboy

My FICO Transunion, FICO Experian scores different from Transunion and Experian

Okay, so I decided today that I would pull my FICO Experian and My FICO Transunion scores and compare them with the Experian and Transunion scores.

MyFico Experian-729

MyFico Transunion- 689

MyFico Equifax- 693 (20 pt increase today, yay)

vs

Experian- 715

Transunion- 677

And as I understand, the basic sites are only "educational scores"-FAKO? , and the MyFICO scores are my real FICO scores, or the ones lenders will use. So today I canceled the Experian account and the customer service rep did his best (being his job) to convince me to keep it, saying that scoring models are different (obviously) and that this was such a great account to have, and while that may be, I'd rather pay $20 for my real scores than $15 for educational scores. He even said he'd cut my bill down to $7 a month (probably should have taken the deal). I'm going to cancel Transunion next week. 

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin
FICO Equifax-734, FICO Transunion-729, FICO Experian-740, Walmart FICO-754
Capital One Platinum|Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Walmart Discover|Sallie Mae MC Goal scores- 760+
pizzadude

Re: My FICO Transunion, FICO Experian scores different from Transunion and Experian

[ Edited ]
It's normal for FICO scores to be different ( sometimes substantially ) from the FAKO scores sold by the CRAs.

Take a look at the credit scoring 101 threads in this link:
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Frequently-Requested-Threads/td-p/19320

I will be moving this post to Understanding FICO scoring.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Frequent Contributor
Steelersboy

Re: My FICO Transunion, FICO Experian scores different from Transunion and Experian

Thanks.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin
FICO Equifax-734, FICO Transunion-729, FICO Experian-740, Walmart FICO-754
Capital One Platinum|Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Walmart Discover|Sallie Mae MC Goal scores- 760+

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+