Frequent Contributor

My FICO Transunion, FICO Experian scores different from Transunion and Experian

Okay, so I decided today that I would pull my FICO Experian and My FICO Transunion scores and compare them with the Experian and Transunion scores.

MyFico Experian-729

MyFico Transunion- 689

MyFico Equifax- 693 (20 pt increase today, yay)

vs

Experian- 715

Transunion- 677

And as I understand, the basic sites are only "educational scores"-FAKO? , and the MyFICO scores are my real FICO scores, or the ones lenders will use. So today I canceled the Experian account and the customer service rep did his best (being his job) to convince me to keep it, saying that scoring models are different (obviously) and that this was such a great account to have, and while that may be, I'd rather pay $20 for my real scores than $15 for educational scores. He even said he'd cut my bill down to $7 a month (probably should have taken the deal). I'm going to cancel Transunion next week. 

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin
FICO Equifax-741, FICO Transunion-729, FICO Experian-740, Walmart FICO-742, Sallie Mae FICO-756
|Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Walmart Mastercard|Sallie Mae MC| Citi Double Cash| Discover It|Goal scores- 760+
Super Contributor

Re: My FICO Transunion, FICO Experian scores different from Transunion and Experian

[ Edited ]
It's normal for FICO scores to be different ( sometimes substantially ) from the FAKO scores sold by the CRAs.

Take a look at the credit scoring 101 threads in this link:
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Frequently-Requested-Threads/td-p/19320

I will be moving this post to Understanding FICO scoring.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Frequent Contributor

Re: My FICO Transunion, FICO Experian scores different from Transunion and Experian

Thanks.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin
FICO Equifax-741, FICO Transunion-729, FICO Experian-740, Walmart FICO-742, Sallie Mae FICO-756
|Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Walmart Mastercard|Sallie Mae MC| Citi Double Cash| Discover It|Goal scores- 760+
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.