New Visitor
D3434

My FICO score verse Equifax credit score

Hello All,

My FICO score from myfico dot com was 25 points lower (listed as from equifax), when compared to my "equifax credit score" (pulled at same time), have other seen this level of divergence, or is something wrong?  What score will a mortgage lender see?

guiness56

Re: My FICO score verse Equifax credit score

[ Edited ]

Your score from here is a real FICO score and the same one used by almost all lenders.  It is a Beacon 5.0.  There is a newer version out, Beacon 9.0 but most do not use it.

The score you got at equifax is not a real FICO.  It is a FAKO and is their own score.

There is hardly ever similarities between the 2.  Two totally different algorithms are used.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+