Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My FICO score went down 20 after my Costco Amex card was transferred to Citi

tag
jiajiang
New Visitor

My FICO score went down 20 after my Costco Amex card was transferred to Citi

Has anyons else had this problem? After Costco switched from Amex to Citi, I got an alert telling me my score went down by 20 points. The only change associated with this change was 

• Credit CardAccount Transferred Or Sold Credit Card

This is really strange and damaging that a credit card change from Costco would dent my credit score by this much. Any advice on what I should do about this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My FICO score went down 20 after my Costco Amex card was transferred to Citi

Welcome to the board.  There has to be other reasons why your score dropped that much.  Has anything at all changed in your credit profile? How old is your file?  Any new accounts? New inquiries? Any negatives?

Message 2 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: My FICO score went down 20 after my Costco Amex card was transferred to Citi

Welcome, and I agree with this. I don't think this triggered the score drop. Something else had to change.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 5
EddieK
Established Contributor

I could see that happening.  Mine dropped 14 points from the Costco AMEX closure.  I'm thinking it should shoot back up when the new Citi version starts reporting.  Nothing else changed on my profile, utilization is always 1% on one card.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

On 3 BUs, my scores dropped by 11-20 after the Amex TE card closure. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.