Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My First 800 Score!

Awesome job!  Someday..!

Message 11 of 19
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

I feel like I'm in the home stretch now! I have a great credit mix, very nice CLs, respectable AAOC and my scores are pretty good:

TU = 748

EX = 758

EQ = 838

All of my reports are squeaky clean except for a paid judgement that was filed 6/2010. It's never been on my EQ report, but it's on TU and EX. It should fall off 5/2016, according to my CRs.

The only other "thing" on my reports are two inquiries on each CR that should be falling off any minute now. I changed my cell phone carrier when I started my new job last year, and I had an opportunity to add a majorly excellent card to my (compared to most folks here) conservative mix of bank issued credit cards.

It will be interesting to see what happens to my scores when these things (inquiries and public record dropping off) happen. I sure would love to be 800+ on all three!

So at this point, there's really nothing I can do except keep my nose clean, resist temptation and continue to live a good, credit-smart life!

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 13 of 19
Kidcat
Established Contributor

@gamegrrl wrote:

I feel like I'm in the home stretch now! I have a great credit mix, very nice CLs, respectable AAOC and my scores are pretty good:

TU = 748

EX = 758

EQ = 838

All of my reports are squeaky clean except for a paid judgement that was filed 6/2010. It's never been on my EQ report, but it's on TU and EX. It should fall off 5/2016, according to my CRs.

The only other "thing" on my reports are two inquiries on each CR that should be falling off any minute now. I changed my cell phone carrier when I started my new job last year, and I had an opportunity to add a majorly excellent card to my (compared to most folks here) conservative mix of bank issued credit cards.

It will be interesting to see what happens to my scores when these things (inquiries and public record dropping off) happen. I sure would love to be 800+ on all three!

So at this point, there's really nothing I can do except keep my nose clean, resist temptation and continue to live a good, credit-smart life!

That's awesome.  Do you mind my asking how many major credit cards you have?  

I seriously want to trim and consolidate.  I have my BK falling off EX and EQ early next year and I want to be able to move away from overmanaging my cards.  Having fewer cards would help with that hopefully.  

Again- great job!  InspirationalSmiley Happy

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 14 of 19
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, Sladyesq!

I have an NFCU Signature Visa ($30K), PNC Visa ($16.2K), Costco AMEX ($17K), Best Buy ($7K), Discover IT ($7K). I use the NFCU card for EVERYTHING. It's the card that I allow to report about 3% every month. I pay it off every month, of course, but my 9.79% interest rate on that card is the best I've EVER had, so thought it worth mentioning. All of my cash back money goes into a NFCU Money Market savings account once a week.

I also have one remaining remnant from my dark days, a $2K CapitalOne business card. I keep meaning to get rid of it as I did all of my other CapitalOne and Orchard Bank cards.

I'm nervous about the Costco AMEX going away next year. I plan to use my NFCU Visa to shop at Costco, but I hate losing the AMEX trade line. I also don't really want to suffer through additional inquiries just to get another AMEX card to replace the Costco card.

I just noticed that I don't have any Mastercards. Hmmm...

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! And thanks for sharing, gives me hope Smiley Happy!!

Message 16 of 19
Kidcat
Established Contributor

Thanks for sharing. I'm beginning to believe fewer higher limit cards is better in the long run.  I will continue to follow your journey. Congrats again

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 17 of 19
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Congrats on all you have accomplished. Very inspiring.

Message 18 of 19
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Back for an update! I am three teeny tiny points away from the 850 trifecta!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.