Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First 800 Score!

tag
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

My First 800 Score!

My Equifax FICO 8 score just hit 802. This is a huge deal to me, and this was the only place I could think of to come where people would "get it".

I'm so stoked Smiley Very Happy

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

Re: My First 800 Score!

@gamegrrl wrote:

My Equifax FICO 8 score just hit 802. This is a huge deal to me, and this was the only place I could think of to come where people would "get it".

Congratulations! 👌👌👌

8/22/18: BK7 filed EXP 490 TU 430 EQ 429
11/28/18: BK7 discharged EXP 586 TU 578 EQ 527
06/08/21: EXP 656 TU 643 EQ 701
Message 2 of 19
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gamegrrl wrote:

Congrats,!  Does feel good

Message 4 of 19
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!   That is such wonderful news and accomplishment!  Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 5 of 19
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Great job!

If you don't mind me asking...

How long have you been working at it?

Why are your EX and TU scores so much lower?

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 6 of 19
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

I worked hard at it since 2011. When I started out, I had a student loan mess a few bad things that were true errors, plus (on Transunion and Experian) a paid $350 judgement for a medical bill that was paid by the VA, but fell through the reporting cracks.

I was told by the VA that because it was an emergency at a private hospital instead of the VA, and I'm a disabled vet, that everything was covered 100%, and to refer any entities who billed me to them. I did so, following protocol 100%, but this one slipped through. I had no idea there was even an issue until I started working on my credit. The judgement should have been on my credit reports, but didn't show up until I discovered it existed and paid it off. Oh, the irony.

So that's the difference between my reports: Equifax doesn't have the paid $350 judgement on it and the other two do. It's due to fall off a year from this month. You would think that because it's so old that it wouldn't have such an impact, but apparently it does. Everything else on the three reports is identical, across the board.

Message 7 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@gamegrrl wrote:

I worked hard at it since 2011. When I started out, I had a student loan mess a few bad things that were true errors, plus (on Transunion and Experian) a paid $350 judgement for a medical bill that was paid by the VA, but fell through the reporting cracks.

I was told by the VA that because it was an emergency at a private hospital instead of the VA, and I'm a disabled vet, that everything was covered 100%, and to refer any entities who billed me to them. I did so, following protocol 100%, but this one slipped through. I had no idea there was even an issue until I started working on my credit. The judgement should have been on my credit reports, but didn't show up until I discovered it existed and paid it off. Oh, the irony.

So that's the difference between my reports: Equifax doesn't have the paid $350 judgement on it and the other two do. It's due to fall off a year from this month. You would think that because it's so old that it would have such an impact, but apparently it does. Everything else on the three reports is identical, across the board.

Hey congratulations!  I remember some of your older posts and it's fantastic to see the progress you've made over the long term!

Yeah, negatives are a back-breaker; that's why it's always a good thing to get them off no matter what one's score does as a result... even with how old they are they sort you into a dirty bucket and that limits what your max score can possibly be: you're pretty compared to other reports with similar derogatories, but compared to a clean sheet it's ugly regardless of the rest of your history.  On the plus side once clean you get to go to the head of the class, in another 2.5 years I'll be clean and I'm guessing I'll have a similar north of 800 FICO 8 score too.  Early 2017 Christmas present to myself in my case hehe.

        
Message 8 of 19
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

I'm back to report that I somehow hit 833 on my Equifax score today. Yay!

I pay for everything with one good, high-limit ($30K) cash back card, then pay it down to about $1,500 right before the statement hits. This month, the balance showing was $206 less than it was last month, so the alert I got said, "The balance on one of your credit cards dropped by $206", and I got a 19 point score bump.

I'll take it.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good-job-sparkle-graphic.gif

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.