Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Goal is to get all three credit bureas scores above 700

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Goal is to get all three credit bureas scores above 700

I'm almost at my goal after a lot of disputes and a few ups and then way downs and back ups. As of right now 2-9-08 Transunion = 699 Equifax = 683 Experian = 707 I'm considering this a win coming from where I was. Any Thoughts on how to push it those few extra point. Thanks Robert
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: My Goal is to get all three credit bureas scores above 700

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm almost at my goal after a lot of disputes and a few ups and then way downs and back ups. As of right now 2-9-08 Transunion = 699 Equifax = 683 Experian = 707 I'm considering this a win coming from where I was. Any Thoughts on how to push it those few extra point. Thanks Robert

Wow, nice work!

I'm sure you've been here long enough to know about util, and that your balances need to be paid down BEFORE the statement drops in order to post to the credit bureaus. If you haven't already, try paying off all but one or two cards (don't know how many you have.) FICO likes to see only half of your cards with balances, and TU especially smiles when fewer than half of ALL your accounts (mortgages, car loans, CC, everything) shows a balance.

The other thing you can do is look at all your accounts and see which ones are headed for birthdays. If you opened a card last March, it's due to turn one year old next month, and you should get a hiccup. If you have any inqs that are approaching 12 months old, you'll get a point or two once they hit one year. If you have any lates within the last two or three years, you will probably get tiny bumps as they hit 3 months and 6 months, and bigger bumps as they hit 12 months and 24 months. (Plus 36 months if you had anything really bad --90-days and over and so forth.) Not a lot you can do to speed up the calendar, but it's fun to anticipate.

So where did your scores start out from? (We all love before-and-after stories!)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well Equifax went this route 7-4-07 = 649 then 1-5-8 = 660 then 1-16-08 = 672 then 1-19-08 = 684 THEN OVER NIGHT BANG, to a 628 (You got to watch the wording in your disputes) Then after one more dispute back up to a 683 where it is now. Eperian, started at 634 on 12-1-07 and then after one dispute it jumped to a 707. TransUnion started at 592 on 1-11-08 and then after two disputes it jumped to a 699. I only got one credit card, CL = $500 and balance is $25 right now. It did go as high as $429. I pay at least $75 per payment. I try to have something small on it all the thing. You know the free credit thingys you get in the mail. I got a habit of reading them, looking at the Interest rate and annual dues, if I don't like I rip it up and mail it back to them, So they can pay for the postage back. Is that mean?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job! Keep on doing what you are doing, and work on getting the utils down. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.