Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Three Scores..I'm confused!

tag
Monya
Established Member

My Three Scores..I'm confused!

Hi..I have a question re: "My Three Scores." My TU is 733, my EQ is 708, my EXP is 733. Why is EQ comparitively low????? The credit reports are pretty much the same. I intend to apply for a mortgage very soon....which score will be "pulled?" (If it makes a difference, I live in New York.) 733 looks a whole lot better than 708! One more thing... my husband's scores are higher than mine....his TU is 791 his EQ is 810 and his EX is 829. Will the lender average all six scores?? My husband is retired...I work...our combined income is approx. 165K (my salary plus his pension.) We are in our 50's. Admittedly, I have about 30K in credit card debt but have NEVER been late with a payment, UTI is approx. 60%. Taking all this into consideration...where do you think we stand? I would really love to know which score the lender pulls!  Thank you in advance for your help!!!!!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
ASAP2

Re: My Three Scores..I'm confused!

When u apply for a mortgage, they usually use what they call  the median score. The score in the middle, (not the average of all three) which in your case would be the 733. As far as the scores being different, all bureus have different number scales so it's nothing to be really concerned about. I personally think that utilization should at least be under 50% though. Hope this helps.
Message 2 of 15
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Util is a huge part of your score. Pay down your cards and your scores will go up.
Message 3 of 15
Monya
Established Member

Thank you "ASAP2" & "Tuscani!!"
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage company will pull all 3 reports its alot more detailed than the credit reports we see.
Message 5 of 15
Monya
Established Member

Thanks dekrist....geez, you would think we would be able to "see" what they see! After all, it is about US! And we do PAY for our credit reports!! Now you are making me nervous! Actually, aside from the cc balances...(which I hope to have about 40% paid off by the time I apply for this mortgage) there are no other negatives in the reports that I am privvy to. In my 30+ years of credit history, I have never shown a late payment or any other serious issues....should I be biting my nails at this point???????????  Thanks again!
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't think you or your husband should have anything to worry about your scores are excellent. And like one of the previous poster said once Utilization comes down you will see your score go higher. For myself i just dropped my utilization from around 88% to around 62% and saw a increase of 9 points. but  my available credit is no where near yours so you will probably see much more of an increase.

Message 7 of 15
Monya
Established Member

DEKRIST....thank you again for your help!!  Have a terrific day!

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Monya - you mentioned that you pay for your reports.  Do you know you are entitled to one free report each 12 months from each of the 3 credit bureaus?  See http://annualcreditreport.com.  In some states, you can get an additional free report, but not currently in NY.

FICO scores are not free (not yet, anyway.  I think consumer action groups are working on it).
Message 9 of 15
Monya
Established Member

MASDEOSCHO...I took your advice and atttempted to get my free credit report. I entered all the required information, and I got this reply:

We're sorry, for your protection we are unable to deliver your FACT Act Equifax Free Annual Credit Report on the internet. There are a number of reasons that we may be unable to fulfill your request online. You may have a Security Freeze on your credit file, an Active Duty Military or Fraud Alert, or the identification information submitted online may not match the information on file.
I have no idea what that is all about! Anyone ever see such a message? (no Military people in this household!) I have seen no evidence of a "security freeze" on any of my accounts, nor do I even know what that is...nor should there be a reason for one! YIKES! What does this all mean??????????  
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.