Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Three Scores..I'm confused!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Three Scores..I'm confused!

First off with those scores you pretty much can write your own ticket. Util is a little high so you will see a boost after that is dropped preferably below 10 util.

Call the bureau that gave you that info directly, the bureus have numbers you can call and get a live person. Hopefully it is just a glitch you can still call and request your free report directly from the bureau.
Message 11 of 15
Monya
Established Member

Thank you LadyFICO!!!
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Monya - Only you can put a fraud alert or freeze on your credit report, so that leaves you with the last possibility: your info doesn't match.  Have you moved in the last 2 years? If your current address is different from the address on previous bills, they require verification to give you your report.  Try calling 1-877-322-8228, which is the only number to call for free annual credit reports.  If you get the same response, you will need to request the report in writing.  The form to do this is on the annualcreditreport website.  Send a copy of your driver's license and a current utility bill -- the addresses must match.

Credit freeze:  This is available in about half the states, including NY.  You "freeze" your credit file so that no one, not even you, can get new credit in your name.  If you want to "thaw" it, it takes a few days.  This can be an inconvenience if you forget and you suddenly want to apply for a new card.  IMHO, every state should allow this for free (some charge for freezing and/or unfreezing).
Message 13 of 15
Monya
Established Member

MASDEOCHO (nice name....does it mean you have more than eight credit cards?? LOL!)

I appreciate your advice.
 I have lived in the same place for over 31 years.....the only thing I can think of is I have a PO Box address where all my bills, etc are mailed to...of course, I also have the physical address........both addresses are in my credit file...when I entered the informstion for the free credit repott, I used the PO Box address since that is where the bills are mailed. Perhaps they use my physical address as the primary address?? Who knows! I never had this issue before! I don't think I am going to lose sleep over it, though....or should I?? HAHA!  

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Monya - Yup, use the physical address to get your reports.  It's good to review them all well before you apply for the mortgage so you can see if there are any mistakes.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.