Moderator Emeritus

Re: My Three Scores..I'm confused!

First off with those scores you pretty much can write your own ticket. Util is a little high so you will see a boost after that is dropped preferably below 10 util.

Call the bureau that gave you that info directly, the bureus have numbers you can call and get a live person. Hopefully it is just a glitch you can still call and request your free report directly from the bureau.

Thank you LadyFICO!!!
Moderator Emeritus

Monya - Only you can put a fraud alert or freeze on your credit report, so that leaves you with the last possibility: your info doesn't match.  Have you moved in the last 2 years? If your current address is different from the address on previous bills, they require verification to give you your report.  Try calling 1-877-322-8228, which is the only number to call for free annual credit reports.  If you get the same response, you will need to request the report in writing.  The form to do this is on the annualcreditreport website.  Send a copy of your driver's license and a current utility bill -- the addresses must match.

Credit freeze:  This is available in about half the states, including NY.  You "freeze" your credit file so that no one, not even you, can get new credit in your name.  If you want to "thaw" it, it takes a few days.  This can be an inconvenience if you forget and you suddenly want to apply for a new card.  IMHO, every state should allow this for free (some charge for freezing and/or unfreezing).
-----------------
Bartender, bring another round of FICOtinis please!

9.4.2011: TU 805. EQ 815.

MASDEOCHO (nice name....does it mean you have more than eight credit cards?? LOL!)

I appreciate your advice.
 I have lived in the same place for over 31 years.....the only thing I can think of is I have a PO Box address where all my bills, etc are mailed to...of course, I also have the physical address........both addresses are in my credit file...when I entered the informstion for the free credit repott, I used the PO Box address since that is where the bills are mailed. Perhaps they use my physical address as the primary address?? Who knows! I never had this issue before! I don't think I am going to lose sleep over it, though....or should I?? HAHA!  

Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Monya - Yup, use the physical address to get your reports.  It's good to review them all well before you apply for the mortgage so you can see if there are any mistakes.
-----------------
Bartender, bring another round of FICOtinis please!

9.4.2011: TU 805. EQ 815.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.