Did you mean: 

My Utilization Adventure

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: My Utilization Adventure

@pritchardhallhokie wrote:

ooooohhh...

SMC, so if you had to make a VERY ROUGH guess.  If nothing else changed in my report and I paid it down from 92% to 0 or like 3%, what do you think my 617 would turn into?

JUST A GUESS I KNOW...

THANKS!!!!!!

You mentioned originally that you saw a 1:1 correspondence between the reduction in util and increase in score. That's a fluke, a coincidence, I'm afraid. But you will definitely see increasing scores with decreasing util.

The problem with projecting future scores is that we don't know what else is going on with your Equifax report. Oldest account? AAoA? Any negatives? If so, how severe, and how long ago? --and so forth.

FICO scores are like really good jambalaya. A lot of stuff goes into them, and all the elements influence one another, so you can't just say what would happen if you double the andouille. Or reduce your util by X%. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.