cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My birthday is next week- will this have an impact on my scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My birthday is next week- will this have an impact on my scores?

I read in another post something about age/birthdates.  Does my upcoming birthday have anything to do with my FICO score or did I interpret the post wrong?  it seemed to say that scores go up when you age or have a birthday by 12 points or so?
boggledSmiley Indifferent
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Chazman
Contributor

Re: My birthday is next week- will this have an impact on my scores?

It's not your belly-button birthday...it's the ages of the account, late payments, derogs getting older or dropping off, etc.
Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

As Chazman mentioned, there is no relationship. However, the longer the credit history you have the more likely you are to have a higher score if you kept your nose clean over the years. In other words, someone who just turned 18, AND has no AU accounts, will very highly unlikely ever posses an 800 FICO score, because the credit history isn't there.
Message 3 of 7
Chazman
Contributor

It's too bad there's no correlation with gray hair and scores... I'd be in sittin' pretty right about now!
Message 4 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Chazman wrote:
It's too bad there's no correlation with gray hair and scores... I'd be in sittin' pretty right about now!

OMG, LOL. That is too funny.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO scoring does not directly factor in age. You could argue that the whole "age of accounts" variable is a proxy for age...a 19 year old can't have nearly as long a history as a 44 year-old. But those trips around the Sun do not, in and of themselves, help or hinder your FICO score.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any inqs to fall off will gain you points. Maybe 1 point for bday. I have a test going too. Please post after the birthday passes. I'd love to know if there is a score change.

Here is my thread too. I should have an answer in a few more days too if Discover reports early again.
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&thread.id=24538&page=5
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.