cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My different scores, how good are they?

tag
JoeFontana

My different scores, how good are they?

I'm looking at some of my new cards, they sent scores with them. But they're all different. 

My CreditKarma score is 685. 

My VantageScore is 732.

The score American Express told me with the card is 744. It looks like it's Experian Fico if I understand correctly. 

The credit score Chase told with the rejection (though I reconed it and they gave me the card) is 692. This looks like TransUnion but doesn't say what TU score. 

The credit score Discover told me with the card is 719. This also looks to be Experian Fico, which is strange because it's different from the score Amex has. 

Can someone put these scores in perspective for me? I know they're using different scores, but I don't know the scale of those scores, and I know that you can look much better in some scores than other scores. Additionally, from this, can someone give me an estimate of how I look to Barclaycard and to US Bank? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: My different scores, how good are they?

A composite score in the low 700s is roughly a median score.

Message 2 of 3
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: My different scores, how good are they?

@JoeFontana wrote:

I'm looking at some of my new cards, they sent scores with them. But they're all different. 

My CreditKarma score is 685. 

My VantageScore is 732.

The score American Express told me with the card is 744. It looks like it's Experian Fico if I understand correctly. 

The credit score Chase told with the rejection (though I reconed it and they gave me the card) is 692. This looks like TransUnion but doesn't say what TU score. 

The credit score Discover told me with the card is 719. This also looks to be Experian Fico, which is strange because it's different from the score Amex has. 

Can someone put these scores in perspective for me? I know they're using different scores, but I don't know the scale of those scores, and I know that you can look much better in some scores than other scores. Additionally, from this, can someone give me an estimate of how I look to Barclaycard and to US Bank? 

Thanks

I could only imagine that the Chase score is their application score (internal score). With my letter they clearly mentioned which bureau they pulled but also mentioned their application score which was very low compared to the Fico scores they pulled from EX and EQ.

Discover will provide TU Fico with your monthly statement and I thought they were an EQ puller (at least for me they did) some have reported TU pulls but EX?

CreditKarma is Fako and should be used for TU monitoring only ..scores can be up to 100 points away from real Fico. Amex is Experian Fico but might be an enhanced version.

...so someone with more experience can probably clarify and expain much better Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.