Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My fico scores and equifax complete

tag
paturner
New Contributor

My fico scores and equifax complete

Ok, I'm so mad. I've been working on improving my score for awhile and it's been going up and down. It had gone up to 661. (March 2011)........I was so happy. but since then it's been doing down down down.....it's now like 594. I'm sick. From what i can tell it's due to use of my cards which has become a sensitive issues because of utilization. I pay all bills on time. I have a few collections but they are past the SOL..............The most recent drops from. It's been dropping and gives reason that are not the case in my situation like, missing pymts, short credit hx, collection added or consumer finance account; which none of the above were true,  then it drops again based on something about a change in my report that didn't trigger an alert or moving from one credit category to another. Then finally dropped to 591 today giving 4 reason listed above that are not true. Besides all that my Equifax Complete is not showing alerts for some of my credit cards that report like clock work.  I don't undetdtand this credit  stuff and I thought I was doing good...........I give up!

starting anew
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My fico scores and equifax complete

@paturner wrote:

Ok, I'm so mad. I've been working on improving my score for awhile and it's been going up and down. It had gone up to 661. (March 2011)........I was so happy. but since then it's been doing down down down.....it's now like 594. I'm sick. From what i can tell it's due to use of my cards which has become a sensitive issues because of utilization. I pay all bills on time. I have a few collections but they are past the SOL..............The most recent drops from. It's been dropping and gives reason that are not the case in my situation like, missing pymts, short credit hx, collection added or consumer finance account; which none of the above were true,  then it drops again based on something about a change in my report that didn't trigger an alert or moving from one credit category to another. Then finally dropped to 591 today giving 4 reason listed above that are not true. Besides all that my Equifax Complete is not showing alerts for some of my credit cards that report like clock work.  I don't undetdtand this credit  stuff and I thought I was doing good...........I give up!

Equifax Complete does not give you FICO scores. In fact there is no 3 in 1 monitoring service that sells FICO's. What you are buying is a new proprietary product developed by Equifax to compete with FICO. It uses different scoring criteria than FICO and it's scores range from 280-850 whereas FICO ranges from 300-850.

Also the advice given by EQ Complete and other products like it is often 180 degrees opposite of what should be done to help improve your credit.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money.

At one time you could also purchase your Transunion score at transunioncs.com but that site seems to have stopped doing that. Equifax will still sell you a FICO score but you have to look very hard to find it. You can get to it here: www.equifax.com/myfico-products.

So the bottom line is that you really don't know what your true FICO score is. Until you know that you are walking around in the dark.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.