cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My husband's score dropped 100pts in 8 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband's score dropped 100pts in 8 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did the 30-day FreeCreditReport.com in January. Signed up for this last week. My credit score increased, on average, 30 pts (670-700). Shockingly, my husband's score decreased from an excellent 775 to 664. He made one late payment. Worst of all, his usage went up about 3K. We have been relying far too much on our one remaining credit card....his card. In this time, my cards were paid off and I settled up with a deliquent account. This score simulator said his usage is hurting him terribly. I had no idea it could do this much damage in 8 months.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: My husband's score dropped 100pts in 8 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shegnhsr wrote:
Did the 30-day FreeCreditReport.com in January. Signed up for this last week. My credit score increased, on average, 30 pts (670-700). Shockingly, my husband's score decreased from an excellent 775 to 664. He made one late payment. Worst of all, his usage went up about 3K. We have been relying far too much on our one remaining credit card....his card. In this time, my cards were paid off and I settled up with a deliquent account. This score simulator said his usage is hurting him terribly. I had no idea it could do this much damage in 8 months.

utilization is King - 35% of your score I think.

And 1 late on a clean report is very nasty as well
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My husband's score dropped 100pts in 8 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shegnhsr wrote:

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that you got your scores from FCR dot com in January, and then bought your scores from this site last week.  Is that correct?

If so, then you cannot compare these two sets of scores.  The scores you got from that other site are not real FICO scores, and FICO scores are the scores that are used by the vast majority of lenders in the real world.

The scores you bought here, however, are real FICO scores.

Please read at least the first post of the Credit Scoring 101 thread stickied at the top of this forum for an explanation of the differences between different types of credit scores, and more importantly, which types of scores you should care about and which types of scores you can safely ignore.  (Hint:  FICO scores are the only kind that matter.)

Message Edited by cheddar on 08-08-2008 08:48 AM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.