cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My last baddie fell off early but no change in score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My last baddie fell off early but no change in score?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You should have a definite score increase.

That is exactly what I felt but so far no go on a score bump.

Absolutely no baddies left? 

Message 11 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

On that file 100% clean.  The other (2) show it was like 6.8 years ago but obviously soon to fall off (and likely having no score impact also).

Message 12 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have high utilization?

Do you have many personal finance companies listed?

How long ago did it drop off?

Message 13 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Utilization is stated as 0% event though I have (1) card reporting a $450 balance.

I have (7) active credit cards reporting plus an installment loan for auto.

Fell off somewhere between 10-12 days ago or so (not sure on exact date).

Message 14 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

On that file 100% clean.  The other (2) show it was like 6.8 years ago but obviously soon to fall off (and likely having no score impact also).

I'm speaking from experience.....Trust me, ALL baddies have some score impact until they are gone....

Message 15 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Utilization is stated as 0% event though I have (1) card reporting a $450 balance.

I have (7) active credit cards reporting plus an installment loan for auto.

Fell off somewhere between 10-12 days ago or so (not sure on exact date).

Certainly is strange. I bet the update is delayed for some reason. You may see the score increase on Jan 1st.

Message 16 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm speaking from experience.....Trust me, ALL baddies have some score impact until theyou are gone....

It just does not add up.  The one file it fell off from is around 30 points under the other (2) files where it still shows (just as it states nearing 7 years old).

Message 17 of 36
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Post the tradeline data please for the explicit derogatory, conflicting information in the description.

Were there any remarks from a dispute or similar on there?  Just not enough information to really make a quality assessment.

        
Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm speaking from experience.....Trust me, ALL baddies have some score impact until they are gone....

I don't believe this to be true on all profiles for all baddies.  For example, people have reported that a 30 day late payment that falls off at the 7 year mark has had no positive impact on their scores.  In this case, one would believe that those points came back at an earlier time when a threshold was crossed, perhaps at 2 years for example.

Message 19 of 36
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't believe this to be true on all profiles for all baddies.  For example, people have reported that a 30 day late payment that falls off at the 7 year mark has had no positive impact on their scores.  In this case, one would believe that those points came back at an earlier time when a threshold was crossed, perhaps at 2 years for example.

We've also had statements that 60D lates stop counting after 5 years and that's not the case on any Experian FICO model at least; conclusive reason code backed proof on that one from my file.

Most of the data we get is sloppy, unfortunate but true, which is why we need to test and reverify just about everything.  There's problems in the monitoring solution, there's busyiness on people's files, etc ad naseum.  Most just aren't disciplined datapoints and I'm guilty of that with some of mine too though I typically will state if the datapoint is dirty as I'm aware of the issues at least.

I'll get to see whether the 30 day late is in my reason codes after 2 years on TU, that one at least we can get but that was only because I got dead sloppy after my mortgage closed and of course JCB is the one damned lender that doesn't have autopay on it (well heard the UnionPay card doesn't either).  Which probably argues for it's closure at this point if for no other reason.  Most people don't get sloppy once they find this forum and so we don't get that level of datapoint often.

        
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.