Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My oldest open account is to new

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My oldest open account is to new

One of the reasons I am given that is lowering my credit score is that my oldest open account is too new. My oldest open account is a credit card through my credit union that was opened in 2009. It is open and always had ontime payments as they are auto drafted out of my account. All 3 credit bureaus report the same issue. How is this too new?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My oldest open account is to new

While an AoOA of 8 years isn't young, it's not exactly old either.  Right around that age is when AAoA is maximized, so it's reasonable to believe that AoOA maximization for FICO purposes is a number greater than that.  How high I do not know.  The difference though probably isn't all too significant in terms of scoring, but if the reason code is there it means it is impacting you at least a little.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

One of the reasons I am given that is lowering my credit score is that my oldest open account is too new. My oldest open account is a credit card through my credit union that was opened in 2009. It is open and always had ontime payments as they are auto drafted out of my account. All 3 credit bureaus report the same issue. How is this too new?

What are your scores? I wouldn't think an 8 year old acct would be considred too new. Maybe Fico couldn't come up with another reason for your score.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you sure that this is the exact wording you are getting?  I have never seen a FICO reason code that refers to a person's oldest open account.  FICO does care about your oldest account, but it includes closed accounts as well as open.

What tool are you using to pull your scores (and these reason statements)?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.