Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My score almost at 700 now, but....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score almost at 700 now, but....

I'm almost in the 700's club Smiley Happy.  I just pulled my score from MyFico.com my score was a little bit above 700.  But from some reason the score from EQ show only 692.  All I did is pay down my Util. from 95% to 11%. 

Old score 2/13/08  EQ: 663 EX: 677 TU: 685
New score 3/11/08 EQ:  692 EX: 721 TU: 712

Message Edited by phongnguyen on 03-13-2008 09:00 AM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My score almost at 700 now, but....

My EQ score is usually lower than my TU and EX FICOs. 
Message 2 of 9
sh9730
Regular Contributor

Even though they are all FICO scores, each bureau uses a slightly different version (you can search here about it...lots of earlier posts).  Also, the information on all three reports can be just slightly different (maybe an extra inquiry on one of em or something). 

These are pretty close....they rarely are exactly the same across all three.  For example, my current scores are EQ-708 (was 711 until a stupid CA did what should be an illegal hard inquiry the other day!!), TU - 690 and EX - 689.  See, for me the EQ is actually the highest, even though basically they are all reporting the same information.

Also, make sure your util paydown is showing on all three reports....each of them is famous for not getting info updated at times...for me right now EQ is the slowest!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations phongnguyen! You have risen above the maddening crowd and have made it to the 700 club! Smiley Happy WTG!
Message 4 of 9
ronq
Regular Contributor

You will get another boost when you get below 9% UTL.
EX. 780 TU 794.
Message 5 of 9
keithc
Regular Contributor

i am almost at 700's!! how do u get to 800!!!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting your util below 9% will get your scores over 700. Congrats!
Message 7 of 9
frugal
New Contributor

Awesome job Phongnguyen. Smiley Happy Pretty good jump on the EQ scores from 2/13 to 3/11. I'm wondering what would happen if you got your Util down from 11% to 1-2%?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@keithc wrote:
i am almost at 700's!! how do u get to 800!!!

Aging of the accounts, while maintaining spotless credit history..no baddies, with consistant very low utils. That's the only way I know. If you have a clean credit file, then you are playing the waiting game. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.