cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My score dropped with a large payment??

tag
ima

My score dropped with a large payment??

Hello, My Equifax score dropped by five points when I payed off my Amax with a lump sum payment of $960? Why?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: My score dropped with a large payment??

Are all of your cards now reporting a zero balance?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 6
ima

No,  I just got an alert in my alert section of my "MyFico."  Two alerts poped up...one says account has decreased by 100%. Second say decresed by $960. They are for the same account. The actual report does not show a payed off ballance. I belive that is because I am not due for a new report till the end of July??

Message 3 of 6
ima

I also payed down a card by 44%. A $1070 payment on June 28. That is showing up on Equifax, also. With both of those recent payments why the decrease in my Equifax Fico score?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look at all your alerts in the timeframe before and up to the drop on EQ....it's an aggregate of things that will make it change, from what I've been watching...there's a sweet spot with accounts reporting balances across the board...for me at my scores I have 7 reporting a balance at 5% total utilization. No single card with a balance is over 30% the highest is 26% with a reported balance of $529...Don't worry about the drop for balances changes, if there's no new accounts reporting, no installment loan balance changes it will be so hard to pinpoint if just the balance change caused your drop or a total of several things. I track mines so tough with spreadsheets, CK, credit.com and myFico, it will drive you crazy if you read too much into it, but if you want to, you need to be monitoring from fresh reports to see everything. Try looking at my.creditcards.com for the month to month change comparison and CK has that feature too.

Message 5 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@ima wrote:

Hello, My Equifax score dropped by five points when I payed off my Amax with a lump sum payment of $960? Why?

In order to answer your question I would need to know what your limits and balances are.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.