IKON

Re: MyFICO Not Even Close

where did you get your credit score from.   transunion.com or transunioncs.com
Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

mikekillin wrote:
The scores MyFICO gives are bogus as they use their own formula to determine the scores.  They do not pull your actual scores from credit bureaus.  MyFICO gave me a 639 for my Transunion and when I went to the actual transunion site and pulled my report the same day it is actually a 569.  70 point difference.  Called support and they told me that everything  varies depending on formula used.  I thought I was paying for my actual score.  I feel ripped off!!

MyFICO offers FICO scores. Lenders care about FICO scores more than any other score out there. The scores pulled from the credit reporting agencies (except for Equifax) do not sell FICO scores. They sell a non-FICO score. Lenders don't even care or consider scores pulled directly from TransUnion or Experian. If I paid for scores from those two sites, I'd feel ripped off too.

Message 3 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

LOL I'd take the 639 and be thankfull it wasn't the other way around.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I want my FAKO. 
Message 5 of 7
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

I wish they pulled what i wanted them to.. I am like smallfry I would take the fako score I would be over 800 on all scores...

BTW You were ripped off..... By transunion for getting a fako score from them.

Message Edited by 2wheel on 07-14-2009 01:55 PM
2wheel
Message 6 of 7
rom828
Established Contributor

If there's anything you take away from this forum, it's that those FAKOs aren't worth the paper they're printed on!!

The only scores that matter are FICO scores.

That being said, I'd love for my Credit Secure  FAKOs to matter,  cause then I'd be a "high roller" with EX 749

TU 781 and EQ 768 Smiley Very Happy

As you can see, my FICOs dont quite put me in the 700 club, but these are the REAL scores.

If you're new to the "credit score game" it can certainly be confusing and overwhelming, so I can understand why you might have felt FICO was the "rip off".

But your friends on the FICO forum are here  to help and I hope we  were able to clear this up for you.

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.