cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFiCO EX 08 Doesn't Match EX Website FICO 08?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFiCO EX 08 Doesn't Match EX Website FICO 08?

I did the 7 day trial on experian.com and it shows my EX FICO 08 as 752. MyFICO website reports EX FICO 08 as 723. Anyone know the reason for the discrepancy? I doubled checked to make sure I was looking at the same scoring models on the 2 sites and as far as I can tell, they're both the generic FICO 08... That's a pretty huge difference, just curious.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MyFiCO EX 08 Doesn't Match EX Website FICO 08?

Pulled different days, saw different variables.

Maybe you had high utilization on a card on one but not the other.

Message 2 of 8
Artemis092
Regular Contributor

My  MyFico 8 is exactly the same as my EX Fico 8.  Maybe it is just a timing issue for you.

If you build it, they will come.

Amex BCE | Amex ED | BofA Rewards | Citibank DC | CitiBank Best Buy | Discover IT | Chase Amazon Prime | Chase Freedom | Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My utilization has has never been over 8%... You're right, probably is just a difference on what day the score was pulled- MyFICO 08 last updated on 12/10 now that I look at it. I just checked Experian.com a few hours ago, so I assume that is my official FICO 08. I have no idea what would have caused a 29 pt increase in the last 3 days on EX based on my current report info, but since they are the horse's mouth, I'll take it and be happy about it! Thanks for reply!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you recently apply for the Alliant SSL with no other loans reporting?

Did you recently pay down one or two credit cards?  Remember, saying "my utilization is 8%" means nothing if one of your cards or more were over 48.9% utilization individually as individual utilization can ding your score for up to 40 points.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No new loans, just the same student loan I've had for years, same payments as always there. All my revolving accounts are less than 3 mos old and individually they all report under 8% each month since I've had them- currently one reports at 1% and the other I think at 7%, combined util. is 4%. No changes in last few days there according to today's CR- my Cap1 account is still not reporting yet either, and no statement cuts since Dec. 3 on my other accounts.

My reports are in flux right now though with the brand new accounts, so I'd bet it's something related to that. I'm just learning the ins and outs of FICO manipulation, so was just curious about a jump like with no obvious (at least to me) cause. These things are so fickle though!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the scoring model and bureau used are the same, the only other variable is the time at which the scores were generated.
Message 7 of 8
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

guera85 wrote:
My utilization has has never been over 8%... You're right, probably is just a difference on what day the score was pulled- MyFICO 08 last updated on 12/10 now that I look at it. I just checked Experian.com a few hours ago, so I assume that is my official FICO 08. I have no idea what would have caused a 29 pt increase in the last 3 days on EX based on my current report info, but since they are the horse's mouth, I'll take it and be happy about it! Thanks for reply!

guera85 wrote:
No new loans, just the same student loan I've had for years, same payments as always there. All my revolving accounts are less than 3 mos old and individually they all report under 8% each month since I've had them- currently one reports at 1% and the other I think at 7%, combined util. is 4%. No changes in last few days there according to today's CR- my Cap1 account is still not reporting yet either, and no statement cuts since Dec. 3 on my other accounts.

My reports are in flux right now though with the brand new accounts, so I'd bet it's something related to that. I'm just learning the ins and outs of FICO manipulation, so was just curious about a jump like with no obvious (at least to me) cause. These things are so fickle though! 

This is good data. Other "new to credit" posters have reported a nice bump in score after using new revolving CC accounts in moderation and showing payment. Your data supports the view that a "recent account(s)" scoring factor may be targeted toward the 1st 90 days after revolving accounts are opened and reported active. The definition of recent in Fico scoring is ambigious with opinions ranging from: the latest 30, 60 or 90 day  to 6 months or 12 months.

What were the ages of your credit cards on the dat(s) when your score was reported?  Could the youngest have aged up to the next month. It should be noted that delayed use of new accounts may delay the available score bump until sometime after1st statement with a balance followed by payment reporting.

The instability in score you are seeing is not uncommon for those with a clean, young and thin file. The signal strength associated with new accounts, their use and utilization is cranked up on the C8 scorecard. Those with aged files don't see the same results with new accounts - at least if some of their accounts over a couple years age are revolvers. However someone with only installment loans on file - even if they have some age - may see similar instability after opening a couple revolvers and reporting use.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.