cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico Equifax has dates of late payments missing from report...

tag
kags1969
Established Member

MyFico Equifax has dates of late payments missing from report...

So one of the #4. Negative on MyFico EQ report is:

"4.) The date of your most recent missed payment is unknown.

If you missed a payment, your FICO score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred. In general, the more recent the missed payment, the more impact it has on your score. In your case, the date of this missed payment cannot be determined. "

On that particular account it on the MyFico EQ report it show 2 - 30 day lates, but does not have any dates associated with them.  I ran the EQ report on the EQ site and it reports all of the dates. 

What gives?  This is negativly affecting my credit, but EQ is reporting it and MyFico isn't.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MyFico Equifax has dates of late payments missing from report...

Maybe the late was over 2 years ago?

The reports on myFICO only "Display" the last 2 years of payments but normally list the Number and dates on the TL.
Message 2 of 8
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

I believe all month/year info is on the free annual reports if you are able to pull one to check.  Just don't dispute off the free one, only the paid so the CRA has less time to investigate before having to correct it.

If it is an old closed account be careful with disputes.  It might wind up with the entire TL being deleted and that might hurt worse than keeping old lates.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 8
kags1969
Established Member

Equifax Report from EQ:
MYFICO EQ Report...
Message 4 of 8
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Just re-read your first post... I didn't realize you had the date info so nix the free reports.

Both of these are saying the same thing, just one in graphics.  So, both are being factored in... but because they are over 2 years old they don't count as much and you get different verbiage.

Is this account still open?
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

My FICO EX has the same message, and it's for my lovely Sears/ Citi late from this past March. The date is on the EX reports, so I don't know why it's not here. The account is open.

The comments mention that my score might drop if the actual date goes in, so I'm not messing with it, not until it goes over 2 years, if then.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 8
kags1969
Established Member

The Fico report does not list the dates of late payments (for half of the payments anyway), so its not listing all of the information, that and the negative states that an "unknown missed payment date" as the negative.  So it seems to me that this is having a negative impact on my Fico score.  The old missed payments are from 2+ years ago, but myfico is just reporting the dates on half of the missed payments.

Message 7 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

kags1969 wrote:
The Fico report does not list the dates of late payments (for half of the payments anyway), so its not listing all of the information, that and the negative states that an "unknown missed payment date" as the negative.  So it seems to me that this is having a negative impact on my Fico score.  The old missed payments are from 2+ years ago, but myfico is just reporting the dates on half of the missed payments.

If you know for absolutely certain that you have no lates within the last two years, this might be worth pursuing. Lates lose most of their sting after two years, so the "unknown date" might be worse than the actual date would be (as on my report, for instance.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.