cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico Scores VS Requested Scores from a lender??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico Scores VS Requested Scores from a lender??

Can someone explain to me why there could be a difference between the Equifax lets say myfico score and a lender pulling my credit score from Equifax? TIA
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MyFico Scores VS Requested Scores from a lender??

DougM wrote:
Can someone explain to me why there could be a difference between the Equifax lets say myfico score and a lender pulling my credit score from Equifax? TIA

Depends in what score thy are using?  What was the loan for?  The score on myfico is the classic while there are several other versions of FICO out there such as suto-enhanced for auto shopping, bankcard enhanced for credit cards.  May bankcard enhanced scores are lower than my regular TU FICOs simply because my bankcard history is short.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow...I had read or knew nothing about different scores within the same organization. No one ever talks about that? All people just ask, whats you credit score. The loan was for a lease payment on some equipment. They pulled a 601 score, while Myfico showed a 680. This is so wierd...why spend the time and money to track your fico score..if your not even sure thats the score lenders are going to see?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

DougM wrote:
Wow...I had read or knew nothing about different scores within the same organization. No one ever talks about that? All people just ask, whats you credit score. The loan was for a lease payment on some equipment. They pulled a 601 score, while Myfico showed a 680. This is so wierd...why spend the time and money to track your fico score..if your not even sure thats the score lenders are going to see?

Did they pull the same score from the same bureau or was it your FICO from a different bureau? Even your scores across bureaus can differ widely.  IF you checked your score immediately before making the purchase, I woudl question which score they used.  I can't see that beign any different from FICO or maybe ecause it was lease it was bankcard enhanced.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same exact bureau..not to mention I paid and check my score that same day!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.