Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico Vs. Credit Karma Vs. Credit Sesame

tag
tvandine
Contributor

MyFico Vs. Credit Karma Vs. Credit Sesame

Very basic and wide question, what does Fico have that Credit Karma doesn't? Credit Karma is free, MyFico is not. What is the difference, is it worth it? By all means i do love this site and have been a long term lurker and recently posting. If i had to pay to view the forums, i would.

So tell me? What's the benefits vs. cons of each

Opinions on anything of this matter?

Thanks!

You don't even want to know how many cards i've got....

Credit Started May 31st, 2014 EQ:710|EX:712|TU:732 FICO:726
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Carrie_in_Pa
Established Member

Re: MyFico Vs. Credit Karma Vs. Credit Sesame

CreditKarma does not give you a true credit score. It's a fake score aka FAKO.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/FICO-vs-CreditKarma/td-p/2136597

Starting Score: 382 - 418 (2005) -- Current Score: 628 (TU08) -- 661 (Beacon 5.0) -- Goal Score: 750+
Into the Garden 6-15-2014 -- Digging in the dirt until 6-2015
Message 2 of 10
Carrie_in_Pa
Established Member

I should also mention that i use CreditKarma to tell me when things change so i don't have to keep paying for my credit reports. Their score is about 40pts higher than my real FICO. Too far off.

Starting Score: 382 - 418 (2005) -- Current Score: 628 (TU08) -- 661 (Beacon 5.0) -- Goal Score: 750+
Into the Garden 6-15-2014 -- Digging in the dirt until 6-2015
Message 3 of 10
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

For me MyFico EQ and Quizzle, Discover's TU Fico and CK/Cap1 score tracker and Fako EX from CS are all within a point range of 10-20 points and in the same "category".  For monitoring what is on my reports I like the free services and maybe paying once  year for the 3 bureau reports on my Fico when there is the promo is just fine. I only signed up for myFico score watch to learn how my profile reacts to certain behaviour and I have extensively tested Smiley Happy ..to the extent where lenders started to pull my reports weekly  probably only for the massive score changes I created with my testing...lol... the test was 50+ points loss/gain only with reporting tricks... I am done now and will cancel SW when it expires. For me well worth and it was a really nice lesson learnt during my subscription Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

CK score is almost 100 points off for me.  But it is good for watchig my reports for changes.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 10
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I use all three mostly for the monitoring. I don't believe there is an free version for EQ monitoring. The scores are nice to know for rough estimates, but i won't fly off the handle if the scores aren't the same as cc pull. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 6 of 10
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Overall if its a FICO or a FAKO they are all related since they are based off the info that is in each of our credit reports. Since that is what we can control to some point be it through good credit choices, or cleaning up our credit files from derogs. Our scores reflect what is in the files. I look at the FAKO almost to the same degree as a FICO. Unless I can get the exact one(Fico or bank Internal score) some credit company wantes even another  FICO is a FAKO to them since they were looking at a different score in the first place.

Dont get upset at scores, only get upset at what is wrong in Credit files. With a grain of salt would I trust even most scores FAKO or even FICO scores I can get except a few.

Equifaxes Fico purchases through their own site seems about the only one that people say works EQ(04) I think it is. No one else have i seen in months say they have matched many scores that lenders pull. "might be due to people only unhappy complaining here" Most credit happy people go off into sunset not wanting to search or post  here

Message 7 of 10
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

I use all three mostly for the monitoring. I don't believe there is an free version for EQ monitoring. The scores are nice to know for rough estimates, but i won't fly off the handle if the scores aren't the same as cc pull. 

Quizzle.

Message 8 of 10
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Simba501 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Quizzle.

Does quizzle actually do eq monitoring , i think they only do free fako score and credit repot every 6 months ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 9 of 10
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Simba501 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Quizzle.

Does quizzle actually do eq monitoring , i think they only do free fako score and credit repot every 6 months ?

Hm.  Doesn't look like monitoring is free ($8, which also gets you monthly reports).  For getting a free snapshot of items on your EQ, it seems adequate.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.