Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico and Credit Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico and Credit Scores

Hi, this is the first time I've ever used a service like this. Someone I know said they used something like it before, and because of the program checking and watching their credit, their score actually dropped (they said it showed as frequent credit history checks.)

I was just wondering how this service is different from that?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MyFico and Credit Scores

Checking your own reports does not affect your scores.
This service uses soft pulls that does not affect scores.

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi, this is the first time I've ever used a service like this. Someone I know said they used something like it before, and because of the program checking and watching their credit, their score actually dropped (they said it showed as frequent credit history checks.)
I was just wondering how this service is different from that?

Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: MyFico and Credit Scores

If this person got a message about frequent credit history checks, it was either talking about hard inquiries from applying for credit cards, car loans, etc., or maybe it was a non-FICO scoring site. (Around here, we call those scores FAKOs.) The FAKO sites not only have bogus scores, a lot of their advice that they give out in connection with their scores is dreadfully wrong as well.

I do use a credit monitoring service called TrueCredit, from TransUnion. I use it to pull all 3 reports almost daily. It gives FAKO scores, but I ignore them. Each time I pull a report, it generates a soft inquiry for all three bureaus, and you should see how many softs show up on the reports I pull from the bureaus! Smiley Very Happy But they don't do a thing to my scores.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.