Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico.com Error or?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico.com Error or?

So when I look at my Util, it says I am using 101% of my total credit. Not even close. At the top, it shows 30%. However, at the bottom it has the 101% and flags me in the red under "Poor". I don't even have a card that's EVER been over the CL. What's the deal? Anyone else experience this?

Just want to make sure I am getting an accuracte FICO!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MyFico.com Error or?

Have you gone through the actual report, rather than just using the summary software?

Specifically, have you seen what each of the three credit bureaus are recording for each credit card, in terms of balance and credit limit?  Be sure to look at all your closed credit cards too.  If a card is closed but has a balance, then it will be considered as over 100% utilized.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had this happen as well.  For me, it was a couple of old chargeoffs that were reporting as still open.  It always made my utilization look highter than it really was.  Once the chargeoffs started falling off and when my Transunion was all clean it leveled out and is now correct.

Not sure if this even applies to you, just what was happening in my situation.  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's feasible if you have chargeoffs.  Also wonder if maybe you have a charge card (not a revolver) that is reporting its type incorrectly and if you reported a high balance on that one recently maybe the calculation is off?

You won't get any decent help here without listing each card you have (bank/name), the reporting balance and the reported credit limit.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the great info! I will grab a fresh TU report and see what needs to change. I did notice that my CareCredit doesn't count as retail as when I got another, it gave me points for have my "first retail card". Since TU is the only one showing this issue of 101% util, but my scores are not reflecting what someone using 101% util would be like, I still feel like this is some weird glitch. I'll review TU reports and update. See screenshot below as TU report says I am using 2K out of 41K yet, I am at 101%:

total_cl.jpgfico_error.jpg

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.