Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico is a fraud!

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MyFico is a fraud!

Fico is a scoring model that measures risk of default.  The folks at FICO must have been very good at coming up with the forumular since most lenders use this score.

If you are denied for credit, you'll get a score in the mail along with a notice telling you how to obtain your free report.

Its easy to manipulate the forumula by making yourself not a big risk... in other words, pay your bills on time, don't overuse your credit card, don't go applying for new credit all the time, don't open a lot of new accounts.... etc.

FYI, moderators at this site are volunteers. We are here to help keep the atmosphere conducive for folks to feel comfortable asking questions and learning  how to improve their score, or obtain the products they want.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 51 of 59
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

FYI, moderators at this site are volunteers. We are here to help keep the atmosphere conducive for folks to feel comfortable asking questions and learning  how to improve their score, or obtain the products they want.

I, for one, appreciate the ability of the mods to answer posts without belitttling anyone. Not everyone can do this, as we've seen. Thanks, mods!

Message 52 of 59
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

ATTENTION!!!

MyFico is nothing more than a scam when it comes to credit scores and credit informaiton.  DO NOT believe any claims made by MyFico stating that they are the only reliable resource for accurate information!  Do not pay anything via MyFico.com thinking you are getting accurate information.  It is simply government funded fraud!!!  Please report any viable information to the FTC!

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion.  It's wrong, but then it is your opinion, not based in fact. 

I find it interesting that you've been a member here since 2010 and have only posted 6 times.  One would hope that, in those 3 years since you've joined that you would have read some of the stickies and other information here to have a full understanding of what FICO is all about. 

Message 53 of 59
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Do I dare to Chime in? Smiley Very Happy 

llecs where is my peanuts?? I watched my Blackhawks without peanuts!! Sniff Sniff!!!

Message 54 of 59
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@thom02099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ATTENTION!!!

MyFico is nothing more than a scam when it comes to credit scores and credit informaiton.  DO NOT believe any claims made by MyFico stating that they are the only reliable resource for accurate information!  Do not pay anything via MyFico.com thinking you are getting accurate information.  It is simply government funded fraud!!!  Please report any viable information to the FTC!

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion.  It's wrong, but then it is your opinion, not based in fact. 

I find it interesting that you've been a member here since 2010 and have only posted 6 times.  One would hope that, in those 3 years since you've joined that you would have read some of the stickies and other information here to have a full understanding of what FICO is all about. 

Hey folks, the original post in this thread is over two years old now.  Also Beavo hasn't visited the site in about 22 months either.  It's unlikely this response is going to be seen.

While there's some discussion regarding more recent posts, and I know this forum is somewhat awkward in it's presentation, let's please focus on the recent messages in the thread.  May be worth splitting it off into a seperate one but realistically we get one of these posts roughly every month.

        
Message 55 of 59
kotincandy

Ugggggh?

I am confused. It was clearly explained in advance, "10 day free trial....after 10 day you will be billed 14.99 for 3 months".

No one wants to accept accountability.

Message 56 of 59
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

@kotincandy wrote:

Ugggggh?

I am confused. It was clearly explained in advance, "10 day free trial....after 10 day you will be billed 14.99 for 3 months".

No one wants to accept accountability.

Look on the date of ths thread kotin. It was started in 2011 then briefly resurreced on 4-20 of this year. I really seriously doubt the original poster will ever see your response. It isn't even likely the original poster even remembers starting this thread. 

Message 57 of 59
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

I recently got my car refinanced. Lender pulled my Fico EQ score. Smiley Wink

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 58 of 59
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Locking thread, it's over 2 years old and I believe this thread has run it's course.Smiley Wink Lightnin, myFICO Moderator

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 59 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.