Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Re: MyFico is a fraud!

Fico is a scoring model that measures risk of default.  The folks at FICO must have been very good at coming up with the forumular since most lenders use this score.

If you are denied for credit, you'll get a score in the mail along with a notice telling you how to obtain your free report.

Its easy to manipulate the forumula by making yourself not a big risk... in other words, pay your bills on time, don't overuse your credit card, don't go applying for new credit all the time, don't open a lot of new accounts.... etc.

FYI, moderators at this site are volunteers. We are here to help keep the atmosphere conducive for folks to feel comfortable asking questions and learning  how to improve their score, or obtain the products they want.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
InvincibleSummer3

webhopper wrote:

FYI, moderators at this site are volunteers. We are here to help keep the atmosphere conducive for folks to feel comfortable asking questions and learning  how to improve their score, or obtain the products they want.

I, for one, appreciate the ability of the mods to answer posts without belitttling anyone. Not everyone can do this, as we've seen. Thanks, mods!

Valued Contributor
thom02099

beavo040 wrote:

ATTENTION!!!

MyFico is nothing more than a scam when it comes to credit scores and credit informaiton.  DO NOT believe any claims made by MyFico stating that they are the only reliable resource for accurate information!  Do not pay anything via MyFico.com thinking you are getting accurate information.  It is simply government funded fraud!!!  Please report any viable information to the FTC!

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion.  It's wrong, but then it is your opinion, not based in fact. 

I find it interesting that you've been a member here since 2010 and have only posted 6 times.  One would hope that, in those 3 years since you've joined that you would have read some of the stickies and other information here to have a full understanding of what FICO is all about. 

AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 768 EQ = 828 TU = 834 - June/2014
Senior Contributor
DaBears

Do I dare to Chime in? :smileyvery-happy: 

llecs where is my peanuts?? I watched my Blackhawks without peanuts!! Sniff Sniff!!!

Revelate

[ Edited ]

thom02099 wrote:

beavo040 wrote:

ATTENTION!!!

MyFico is nothing more than a scam when it comes to credit scores and credit informaiton.  DO NOT believe any claims made by MyFico stating that they are the only reliable resource for accurate information!  Do not pay anything via MyFico.com thinking you are getting accurate information.  It is simply government funded fraud!!!  Please report any viable information to the FTC!

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion.  It's wrong, but then it is your opinion, not based in fact. 

I find it interesting that you've been a member here since 2010 and have only posted 6 times.  One would hope that, in those 3 years since you've joined that you would have read some of the stickies and other information here to have a full understanding of what FICO is all about. 

Hey folks, the original post in this thread is over two years old now.  Also Beavo hasn't visited the site in about 22 months either.  It's unlikely this response is going to be seen.

While there's some discussion regarding more recent posts, and I know this forum is somewhat awkward in it's presentation, let's please focus on the recent messages in the thread.  May be worth splitting it off into a seperate one but realistically we get one of these posts roughly every month.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 679, EQ 8 708, TU 711, EX 702* (07/14/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
kotincandy

Ugggggh?

I am confused. It was clearly explained in advance, "10 day free trial....after 10 day you will be billed 14.99 for 3 months".

No one wants to accept accountability.

Valued Contributor
dddewdrop

kotincandy wrote:

Ugggggh?

I am confused. It was clearly explained in advance, "10 day free trial....after 10 day you will be billed 14.99 for 3 months".

No one wants to accept accountability.

Look on the date of ths thread kotin. It was started in 2011 then briefly resurreced on 4-20 of this year. I really seriously doubt the original poster will ever see your response. It isn't even likely the original poster even remembers starting this thread. 

0/10001100/13001346/16001699/2000Prepaid ,,Recent scores:FICO EX 632,EQ 635,TU 632...Link to my Rebuild Log
Frequent Contributor
Steelersboy

I recently got my car refinanced. Lender pulled my Fico EQ score. :smileywink:

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin
FICO Equifax-741, FICO Transunion-729, FICO Experian-740, Walmart FICO-754
Capital One Platinum|Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Walmart Discover|Sallie Mae MC Goal scores- 760+
LIGHTNIN

Locking thread, it's over 2 years old and I believe this thread has run it's course.:smileywink: Lightnin, myFICO Moderator

FICO's Oct 2013 TU711 EQ713 EX723~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+