Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico updated score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico updated score

Hi there.  I've recently had a couple of judgements removed from my credit reports--well 2/3 of them.  Although I've received an updated version of my credit report from the TransUnion and Experian showing the judgements are gone, when I look at MyFico they are still there.  Should MyFico update soon or ever or do judgements just stay on there no matter if they're removed or not?  If they do get removed, will my score go up?  Thanks so much for the information.  I'm brand new at trying to fix all this.  It's definitely a slow and tedious process. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MyFico updated score

There are a few threads where we're all discussing how slow MyFico is to update things -- even some of the free FAKO credit monitoring sites are days faster.

Worse, MyFico doesn't do alerts for a lot of changes that are important to us -- you can see the chart on this link: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Product-Feedback/FICO-3-Bureau-Credit-Monitoring-Frequently-a...

According to the chart, under "change to public record or collection", the alert should only happen with Experian and Equifax but not TransUnion (who knows why???).  And it may take a few days, maybe even a week.

I received an alert on CK on 4/27 for a change in my report.  MyFico took over a week longer to notify me.   CK was free, MyFico is $40+ a month, but the free  monitoring happened day after the change.

Message 2 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there.  I've recently had a couple of judgements removed from my credit reports--well 2/3 of them.  Although I've received an updated version of my credit report from the TransUnion and Experian showing the judgements are gone, when I look at MyFico they are still there.  Should MyFico update soon or ever or do judgements just stay on there no matter if they're removed or not?  If they do get removed, will my score go up?  Thanks so much for the information.  I'm brand new at trying to fix all this.  It's definitely a slow and tedious process. 

From my experience MyFICO's FICO 8 score runs a couple of days behind.

The reports, and the mortgage, and other, score versions, won't update until you pull a new 3B report.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh Ok.  Thank you. 

So when it does update, should that likely raise my score some?  I have A LOT of work to do still (20 collections or so), but the judgements were my first move to try to get them paid and off of there. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh Ok.  Thank you. 

So when it does update, should that likely raise my score some?  I have A LOT of work to do still (20 collections or so), but the judgements were my first move to try to get them paid and off of there. 

Unfortunately it's impossible to say.  There's a lot going on with a dirty profile with a lot of collections.  If it's your only public record, you MIGHT get rebucketed and that MIGHT have a positive effect on your FICO scores.

Report back when you do get an alert.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on the amount of major negatives you have on your report, I wouldn't expect much of a score gain in having 2 of them removed, if anything at all. Don't sweat it though, as you are definitely doing the right thing in removing negatives and are on the right path, so in time your scores WILL increase.
Message 6 of 7
willswim
Valued Member

Hey just wanted to share my recent experience. I successfully disputed 2 paid judgements on Transunion and Equifax and saw a 22 point and 26 point jump respectively. I still have several derogatory items on my CR's such as a paid tax lien, 3 medical collections, and several late payments, so there is definitely a possibility that you will see some sort of score bump for the removal of those judgements. Good Luck!

Dennis
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.