Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myfico credit monitoring

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Myfico credit monitoring

I see what you mean. I'll change my settings to see how that works.  Thanks for the info! 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 11 of 15
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

I was wondering the same thing really.

I am new to MyFICO monitoring but my Freecreditreport monitoring has given me two alerts in the last week which MyFICO has not.

So has my Equifax monitoring (directly from Equifax) and even Credit karma daily pulls of my TU report show changes last week that have still not been picked up by MYFICO.

If MyFICO is going to be so far behind the others in issuing alerts, I am wondering why spend the money each month. 

I know the FICO scores are helpful, but they are not the FICO scores the lenders are pulling apparently. 

hmmmmm

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 12 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Pilotdude wrote:

I was wondering the same thing really.

I am new to MyFICO monitoring but my Freecreditreport monitoring has given me two alerts in the last week which MyFICO has not.

So has my Equifax monitoring (directly from Equifax) and even Credit karma daily pulls of my TU report show changes last week that have still not been picked up by MYFICO.

If MyFICO is going to be so far behind the others in issuing alerts, I am wondering why spend the money each month. 

I know the FICO scores are helpful, but they are not the FICO scores the lenders are pulling apparently. 

hmmmmm

Do you have Score Watch or FICO Quarterly Monitoring? SW only monitors EQ. FCR is a CMS for EX only I think, so if you have an alert on EX, it wouldn't mean you'd have an alert on EQ. Credit Karma only monitors TU, and SW wouldn't pick up on that.

EQ has several services so if they monitor EQ daily or regularly, then most changes on EQ would be picked up by SW. What were the alerts for?

Message 13 of 15
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Right now I am running with:

EQ daily unlimited scores and report access

MyFICO Score Watch for EQ

MyFICO Quarterly Monitor for TU

Freecreditreport for Daily Experian report access

and I check Credit Karma reports for accuracy as well.

So far three cards have reported on both EQ and EX and two have reported on TU in the past few days and MyFICO has not alerted me to them at all. 

I have gotten two alerts from MyFICO but none with the lastest changes to either EQ or TU reports and those were significant balance changes which definitely would have changed my score. 

I did call MyFICO and made a couple adjustments to their default settings so we will see if that helps.

Once the last of my cards reports its balance, I am dropping Freecreditreport.com and Eq just before its monthly renewal hits.  I plan on keeping MyFICO only as its really the only relatively accurate score available short of getting a lender pull.  I just need it to report accurately is all.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 14 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Pilotdude wrote:

Right now I am running with:

EQ daily unlimited scores and report access

MyFICO Score Watch for EQ

MyFICO Quarterly Monitor for TU

Freecreditreport for Daily Experian report access

and I check Credit Karma reports for accuracy as well.

So far three cards have reported on both EQ and EX and two have reported on TU in the past few days and MyFICO has not alerted me to them at all. 

I have gotten two alerts from MyFICO but none with the lastest changes to either EQ or TU reports and those were significant balance changes which definitely would have changed my score. 

I did call MyFICO and made a couple adjustments to their default settings so we will see if that helps.

Once the last of my cards reports its balance, I am dropping Freecreditreport.com and Eq just before its monthly renewal hits.  I plan on keeping MyFICO only as its really the only relatively accurate score available short of getting a lender pull.  I just need it to report accurately is all.

I used to have a couple of different EQ services (Credit Complete and the Monitoring product w/ the 4 FICO scores each year), at the same time as having SW. I found that EQ's alert services were slightly faster by a day or so than SW, but I guess that was because EQ was the source of that info.

Exactly what were the changes to EQ? Increased balances? Decreased balances?

TUQM (FICO Quarterly Monitoring) isn't like SW. You don't get interim alerts or score changes (hence the name). And put EX aside in your mind because creditors don't update to all 3 at the same time, so if a TL changed on EX, it doesn't mean it changed on EQ or TU at the same time.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.