cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myfico not as current as they are trying to sell it as.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Myfico not as current as they are trying to sell it as.

So I pulled my credit report from experian and then paid the 20 bucks to myfico to compare, myfico is way behind, not showing my current accounts etc. I gotta say I'm not happy about this At all.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Re: Myfico not as current as they are trying to sell it as.

@Anonymous wrote:
So I pulled my credit report from experian and then paid the 20 bucks to myfico to compare, myfico is way behind, not showing my current accounts etc. I gotta say I'm not happy about this At all.

Depends, score power product is fico 04, the rest of experian is fako. Myfico here, fico 08.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

But still doesn't explain why myfico not showing updated accounts on the experian report. Especially when myfico is supposed to be the best, most up to date out there. And it's missing 2 credit card accounts, and showing things that have been removed from my report.
Message 3 of 17
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
But still doesn't explain why myfico not showing updated accounts on the experian report. Especially when myfico is supposed to be the best, most up to date out there. And it's missing 2 credit card accounts, and showing things that have been removed from my report.

I would guess because myFico hasn't updated yet..so many different models and they are all different. I know it doesn't make you feel better but that's all I got..sorry.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 4 of 17
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I think the reports should be current, if that is the question.  How old are the new accounts?  Maybe they haven't reported yet.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate it. My point is myfico shouldn't have charged me the 20 bucks if they are not current.
Message 6 of 17
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I appreciate it. My point is myfico shouldn't have charged me the 20 bucks if they are not current.

Well, most people are paying for the score, but how do you know the reports are not current?  If your new creditors have not reported yet (sometimes this doesn't happen until the second or third billing statement), then what you are seeing is what information the CRAs currently have for you... making the data current from Experian.

Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

They reported on the experian report. That's why I paid for the updated myfico experian score. On the myfico app it was showing the experian score as 596, but experian was saying 719. So you have to pay myfico for "today's score". Which is fine, except when I paid it showed experian as 609, didn't have the new accounts that experian does have, still showed negatives in my report that have been removed. I know the score varies, but if myfico is selling an update, the update needs to be accurate as possible or to me it's basically a rip off and they are promoting themselves to be way better than they are. Just irritating because if lenders are really looking at the myfico scores, then myfico needs to be completely up to date at all times, especially when charging consumers for what they say is accurate information. It's not the 20 bucks that bothers me, it's a company not being as good as they say, especially when it is so important to be completely accurate. A few points is one thing, but 100 points can hurt you.
Message 8 of 17
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Oh, OK.  I'm sorry.  Possibly you can get some assistance by calling the customer service number in the support link.  Maybe the will give you another pull.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because when you pay for your score through myfico, it also provides the credit report for that agency to back up that score. So when I pay for the same thing with experian, it shows my current score, and current report with all of the credit cards etc.. So I paid for the updated experian score through myfico, it shows a lower score, it's missing 3 good standing accounts, still shows stuff that is no longer on my report. So that is pretty much all the proof that myfico is selling incomplete and inaccurate information, at a high price to consumers, and at the same time not showing the lenders information that is up to date, causing you to either be denied, or accepted with a horrible interest rate.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.