Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myfico vs creditkarma

tag
mispoken1
Established Member

Myfico vs creditkarma

So credit karma just went to a new model "Vantagescore 3.0" and my scores went from upper 700s to lower 700s based on Experian and TU.  I didn't like this so I paid for some scores through myfico.  They are all upper 700s to lower 800s.  Why the discrepancy?  Its so frustrating seeing such a huge difference.  Anyone have any thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Myfico vs creditkarma

Two different scoring models. You can safely ignore the Vantage scores provided by CK; only a tiny minority of issuers ever use those scores. Use CK just for the free access to the information in your reports.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Myfico vs creditkarma

There are a few things in play. First, the old credit karma score had a top scale of 950, so scores could look better just based on that. 2nd vantage scores consider a different mix of credit than fico does. Most of us here simply use CK as a tool to monitor what is going on with our reports. It is an excellent tool for that, instant alerts for new accounts, inquiries, or something negative popping up. There are a few reports of CCCs using vantage scores, but most lenders use fico in some flavor. Your scores are excellent as is, I would pay less attention to the scores on CK and just use it as a way to monitor what is going on.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.