Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery Solved

tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Mystery Solved

I could not figure out for the life of me why I kept getting turned down for a high end CC. I was using a monitoring service that gave me all three scores 748 TU 727 EX 744 EQ.

I come here and order monitoring and it tells me 658 FICO. Now I know why. From some reading here I see that FICO is different then what they were showing me....SHEESH.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: Mystery Solved

I assume by "monitoring here" that means Scorewatch, which is EQ FICO. So your EQ FICO is 658 and your EQ "whatever" from the other site is 744, which is 86 points higher. Big difference. Do you know what the other scores were?

Message 2 of 5
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Yea, the scores in the signature is what I got here, TU and EQ

TU 748 EX 727  EQ 744 was what the monitoring service showed, I didnt name it because I thought it might be a no no, but ill chance it LOL, it was Trucredit by TU

Message 3 of 5
GregB
Valued Contributor

That would have been one of my first guesses. Truecredit changed their score to cover a range up to 990 instead of 850. That make them typically way higher than actual FICO scores. They aren't directly comparable since they are based upon different data and calculated differently.

I really like their change reports but the score and reason codes are useless.

Message 4 of 5
minimock
Frequent Contributor

I think I will keep it just for comparison. The change reports as you say are useful.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.