Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW EQ FICO MODEL

tag
Dimanchi
New Contributor

NEW EQ FICO MODEL

I guess myfico was using the old EQ FICO model to calculate my score; which as of yesterday was 6/18/14 was using the old model.  Yesterday I was finally switched to the new model and my score went up 80 points to 683.... Why was myfico providing me the wrong score?  That should be illegal, kind of upset, b/c I held back on getting credig b/c of it... your thought!!

CTYP 7K - CITI AA 6K - AMEX Delta 1.0K- DISCIT 1.2K - Barc 1.9K,-FuelReward 5K-SportsmanGuide 5K -Total Rewards 6.2K - BofA 1-2-3 CR 15K, JCREW 5.3K, AMAZON 2.9, Chase Freedom 3.5K, CAP 1 QS VISA SIG 5K, VENTURE 20K -- Total CL > 80K

Starting FICO SCORES (10/2013) EQ 538 - EX 558
Current FICO SCORES - EQ 713 - EX 722 - 01/28/15

THIS TIME I AM GOING TO THE GARDEN AND STAYING IN UNTIL 2016 - HELP ME STAY!!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: NEW EQ FICO MODEL

There is no single "right" score out there.  This is so simply because there are an infinite number of formulas for mapping report data into a score.

No matter what score FICO or someone else provides, it may not match what a lender uses.  For example, I believe that Amex uses not only FICO scores, but also a proprietary internal scoring system.

Message 2 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Dimanchi wrote:

I guess myfico was using the old EQ FICO model to calculate my score; which as of yesterday was 6/18/14 was using the old model.  Yesterday I was finally switched to the new model and my score went up 80 points to 683.... Why was myfico providing me the wrong score?  That should be illegal, kind of upset, b/c I held back on getting credig b/c of it... your thought!!

Old score = mortgage

New score = more likely to be used for credit card underwriting.

Both legit FICO scores, just used commonly in different segments of the market.

        
Message 3 of 5
blondy250
Established Contributor

@Dimanchi wrote:

You can buy the Equifax 04 known as the (beacon 5) directly from EQ website its often used by mortgage lenders if that what your looking for. Just be careful the score they sell on there  homepage is a FAKO that they state in small print is for educational purposes only, you'd want the one they sell that states its  a FICO score.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 4 of 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Dimanchi wrote:

Here is my opinion of your post: If you think that MyFico has held you back in any way, you are living in delusional land. The idea that not applying for new credit has held your credit back is laughable. 

Gardening is a great thing to do for your credit -- whether you wanted to or not.

You have the obligation to know what you purchase. You alone.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.