Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SCORE CHANGE!!! Please help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NO SCORE CHANGE!!! Please help!

Hi Andy,

You may be getting that reason, but they only give you the top two or three or four negative reasons on myfico.  So if it's your #5 reason, it just hasn't made it high enough up the ladder to be visible on your myfico reports yet.

On the other hand, DH got hit with this on his mortgage pull as his #3 baddie.  At the time, he had nine open accounts (8 cc and 1 second mortgage), with balances reporting on four of them.  So he was 4 balances out of 9 accounts, and got the hit.

I think many people report getting hit at the => half of your cards, but YMMV.  It's something to be aware of.

Interestingly, DH now has 7 accounts (5 cc, 1 mortgage, 1 auto loan), and we typically report a balance on 1 cc, so he hits 3 balances on 7 accounts and has not been hit by the "Too Many Balances" monkey.  Last month, we reported a balance on a 2nd cc, so he was hitting balances on 4 out of 7, and there was no visible impact.  Perhaps balances on cc's have more of an impact than balances on mortgages in their formula.  Who knows!

Message 31 of 35
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

+1 Agree 100%. When I only had one CC and several closed-end accounts, that would be one of the top reasons I would get from TU.  You took the words right out of my mouth, err fingers.

beamMEup wrote:

Hi Andy,

You may be getting that reason, but they only give you the top two or three or four negative reasons on myfico.  So if it's your #5 reason, it just hasn't made it high enough up the ladder to be visible on your myfico reports yet.

On the other hand, DH got hit with this on his mortgage pull as his #3 baddie.  At the time, he had nine open accounts (8 cc and 1 second mortgage), with balances reporting on four of them.  So he was 4 balances out of 9 accounts, and got the hit.

I think many people report getting hit at the => half of your cards, but YMMV.  It's something to be aware of.

Interestingly, DH now has 7 accounts (5 cc, 1 mortgage, 1 auto loan), and we typically report a balance on 1 cc, so he hits 3 balances on 7 accounts and has not been hit by the "Too Many Balances" monkey.  Last month, we reported a balance on a 2nd cc, so he was hitting balances on 4 out of 7, and there was no visible impact.  Perhaps balances on cc's have more of an impact than balances on mortgages in their formula.  Who knows!

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 35
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

In my case I have no score reasons hurting my score Per myFICO Equifax report in November. My total balance as percentage of my total credit limit was about 2.3% with an AAOA of 13 years. I believe the message is more related to over all level of indebtedness of all types of accounts.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 33 of 35
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Andy, if your score is in the stratosphere (>= 800), then MyFICO will not show reason codes. If you are a high achiever, then it will only show up to 2. If you don't have an 850, then there are reasons why, whether you see them or not.

Again, it's not an overall level of indebtedness, it's a ratio of accounts with balance to overall open accounts. I'm not going to try to convince you of this further, however. Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 34 of 35
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Your last post in places in contrary to the link. I was NOT looing to be convinced was looking for the source or the additional information why that conclusion was so. Looks like we agree to disagree.
FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.