cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NYS Tax judgment vacated, but no change to credit score....

tag
MikeRebuild
Valued Member

Re: NYS Tax judgment vacated, but no change to credit score....

I might be wrong but I took that as the liens would come off of my report. I'm going to give them a call today to see if I can walk into one of their offices to pay them. I'll see what they say removing the liens after they are paid. 

You can have it removed - the term they use is vacated - but it is a separate process. just paying it off will just move it to satisfied status.

I have a tax attorney who wrote up a letter to them stating the conditions that had led up to my judgment. They vacated it. I had to call the bureaus to have it removed from my credit report.

unfortunately, it did not have an effect on my score. might be because i still have a federal tax lien - which i am working on having removed. the IRS has a new program where they will withdraw a tax lien if you meet certain criteria

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 687
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 12
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Re: NYS Tax judgment vacated, but no change to credit score....

I called to get the address of an office that I can go into so I plan on doing that later this week. I asked about having the liens removed from my CR. I was told that I can speak with someone there and they will be able to help me with the process. 

I'll have to take a look into that IRS program. I know that they have the Fresh Start program. It's been awhile since I looked into it though. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.