cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need 16 Point Bump on TU for mortgage

tag
HD247

Need 16 Point Bump on TU for mortgage

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how much my score will rise.  I pulled credit on 8/15/2013 and it was only TU 06 624, which is my middle.  My experian is 669.  What I noticed is on current Revolving accounts I had these for balances:

BEST Buy  $0/305

TJ MAX      $0/$200

Merrick       $4/$1200

Cap One     $527/$1500

Cap One      $65/$600

NMTW         $881/$1000

I have since paid all the balances down to $0.  How much can I expect to see my score go up.  Considering I am taking Utilization from 31% down to less than 1%, and there will not be a "maxed out revloving account"

Thank you!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Need 16 Point Bump on TU for mortgage

Welcome to the forums.

You don't want all of your CC to report a 0 balance.  FICO likes to see some use.  Have all but 1 report 0 balances and the other at 9% or below.

I would say up to 20 points as long as one is reporting a small balance. 

It will also depend on other things on your CR.  Any negatives, lates, collections, etc?

Message 2 of 8
HD247

Thank you for the response.  Yes, I have negatives, but they are approaching 5 years ago.  I just noticed that there is a small collection, but that will be 4 years ago.  I havent missed any payments in over 5 years.  The balances when they pull credit next will will be:

Merrick $4/1200

NMT    $0/$1000

Cap one $5.27/$1500

Cap one  $0/$600

Bet Buy    $0/305

TJMA       $0/200

I went through a divorce and watched my credit go from a 780 to 400 in a matter of months!

Message 3 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yep, divorce can do that to credit.

Ok, your utilization should be ok.

Are the collections paid or unpaid.  Either way FICO scores them the same, as a collection.

If they are paid send Good Will letters asking for them to be removed.  If they aren't send a Pay For Delete, you pay if they will delete.

Even that old they are still impacting your score.

Message 4 of 8
HD247

Yes I called them yesterday to see if they would delete if I paid, its actually a bill my ex was suppossed to pay.  But I would pay it if they would delete it, they said they can not do that.  If I paid it I would think it would hurt my score because it will reset the clock on the age of the debt correct?

Message 5 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No, it will not reset how long it stays on your CR.  Nothing can.

When was the last time it was updated on your CR?

Message 6 of 8
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Remember with a mortgage they use the middle score IE not the highest socre nor the lowest  score returned on your three bureau credit report. The lender either has or should be able to get access to credit Xpert. which is the best FICO score simulator in the industry.  This would be able ot tell the lenderif / how the score can be raised.  You could also try the Score simulator here using an Equifax credit report to see what it would suggest  to receive the necessary points.  

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 7 of 8
HD247

They appear to update it every month.  Date of Last activty was 6/09....thanks

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.