Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Understanding my FICO Score

tag
Climbing_Out
Established Member

Need Help Understanding my FICO Score

I need some guidance trying to understand what is going on with my TU FICO score.  I'll give a brief background of my situation in case that may help someone understand what is going on.

I filed C13 in Dec 04.  I had NEVER had a late payment to anyone up until the day the BK was filed, or since.  The C13 was completed with all Trustee payments made on time, every time, and discharge was rec'd in Apr 08.

I began trying to get things back on track CR & scoring-wise after I rec'd my discharge.  There were a number of errors on my reports.  I disputed the obvious mistakes and now, over a year later, the current reports seem (to me) to be reporting fairly accurately.  All accounts that were involved in the BK are reporting as zero balance and IIB, as they should be.  Since the BK discharge I have obtained a modest auto loan and have been paying faithfully on it since May 08 as well as a CC which is kept at a low or no balance.

My EQ FICO is (as of yesterday) reporting 681, which is a nice improvement from a year ago.  The problem is, my TU is reported to be 595, which is not good and is about the same as it was a year ago.  The FICO  report understandably lists the BK as the #1 factor hurting my score.  The #2 thing hurting my score, according to the report, is that it says I have 7 accounts that are late by 60 days or more, with the most receint late payment happening 0 months ago. 

This is NOT correct.  The detailed account information listed in the FICO reports shows nothing with a past due balance or being late; nothing in the history that shows any accounts ever being late, etc.

I pulled the full report from TU and it matches the FICO report as far as the above items are concerned.  So, I just don't understand why the FICO score is indicating I have numerous late accounts/payments and the score is almost a full 100 points lower than my EQ score.

Any insight would be very much appreciated!  

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.