Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help to Raise FICO Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help to Raise FICO Score

I'm new to the forums but I've been working awhile on repairing my credit.   My current FICO scores are in the low 500s.   With all three around 520.   I need to get this up to 620 to apply for a mortgage loan.   I'll give you a run down of my credit if someone could please tell me what I'll need to do to increase my score.

Negative items

4 different items in collection for Medical Bills - Not yet paid - Negotiating a settlement

2 Judgments that are MANY years old, they have been paid but are not listed as satisfied so they are still affecting me.

1 Collection item from HSBC bank.  About 5 years old, currently unpaid but we are negotiating a settlement.

I also missed 2 payments on my credit cards about a year ago.

Which ones are lowering my score so much?   Do I have any hope of getting a score above 620 before the end of the year?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Help to Raise FICO Score

Make sure you PFD on them collections. They may and may not help your score to increase. GW any lates you might have.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been working on my credit the past 2 months with little improvement, to obtain a mortgage.

EQ 560 on 8/3/09 now 595

TU 562 on 8/3/09 now 590

My Fako From Ex was 603 now 644 was  EX Fico 563 at time LO pulled it.

I'm hoping my last 2 GW letters work and give me another little bump, I also paid my Util down to 9%. Hoping to get it down to 3%. We will see.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.