cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Increase - How many points do you think?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Increase - How many points do you think?

This is my first post, though I have been almost a daily lurker for over a year.

I am in the process of trying to obtain a mortgage (first time buyer) after a very bad divorce.  I have been vigilant about my credit for the past two years, have 2 store cards (Target and Sears) and to MCs, plus a car loan, all with 24 months or more of on time payments. 

I had my credit pulled by the loan officer and got scores of EQ 604, TU 586 and EX 597.  There were a few old collections and a couple of charges offs as follows which I am posting beside the action I have taken this past week.

Judgment                              $1,700 - paid in full/satisfied

Charge off Macy's                       268 - paid in full

PSNH Collection                          28 - paid in full

Comcast collection                  1,070 - paid in full

Charge off First Premier      WAS $292. - settled, paid in full for $189

Remaining are two Midland collections totalling $2814 and an SST collection for $863

I have also paid down my 4 credit cards as follows:

$320 to $18  From 77% uti to 6%

$300 to $17 From 59% to 5%

$400 to 0 From 62% to 0%

$200 to 0 From 42% to 0%

Does anyone have any idea what kind of increase in my score I might see??  I am contemplating having a rapid rescore done.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
XAVIERSMAMA
Regular Contributor

Re: Need Increase - How many points do you think?

How old were these collections that you paid off?  Did you do PFD's or just pay them off.  If you didn't do pay for deletion you may have caused your scores to drop by paying these collections and updating the DOLA on them.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.