Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a loan ASAP!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need a loan ASAP!!!

I am interested in getting a unsecured loan in the amount of 50,000. My fico score is over 750 and my husbands is 612. He has the higher income. Is there a loan or intity out there that would give us a loan based on our scenario. We are interested in consolidating our debt. Please help!!!! I would like to get the lowest possible rate  out there. We are in the state of California.

Thanks,
Rileymyboy
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jbh
Established Contributor

Re: Need a loan ASAP!!!

Try a combination of a credit union and Prosper.com

Not sure if you will get $50k, but I figure a good relationship with a CU (esp. with a 750 score and potential added income with your spouse) is a nice start. I also know that Prosper, for those with good credit, have a much easier time securing loans up to $25k

I figure it's better than nothing and maybe less hassle than a conventional bank that will start the process by asking you to cough as they snap on the plastic glove.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, I think paying off debt (loans?) with a loan is a very bad idea. Plus, it won't exactly help your credit score. If you needed to run up your credit cards, why not ask for higher limits? With your score, it shouldn't be too huge of an issue. Also, you can use your husbands income on most of these applications; most want your household income, not just individual. I have the feeling your husbands score will really hurt you if you try to do a joint loan.
Message 3 of 7
wmarat
Valued Contributor

BOA offers personal loans up to 50K, 7.5% APR.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Honestly, I think paying off debt (loans?) with a loan is a very bad idea. Plus, it won't exactly help your credit score. If you needed to run up your credit cards, why not ask for higher limits? With your score, it shouldn't be too huge of an issue. Also, you can use your husbands income on most of these applications; most want your household income, not just individual. I have the feeling your husbands score will really hurt you if you try to do a joint loan.

You wouldn't think getting more debt would help your credit score. Actually, in this scenario, it can. Consider the following scenario, involving a woman named Jill who has a credit score of 597 and the following accounts:

Visa: $1456 charged on a $1500 limit
MC: $988 charged on a $1000 limit
Target: $277 charged, $300 limit
Wamu MC: $1897 charged on a $2000 limit.

Jill is maxed out, with a util in the 90+% range. That utilization alone will cost her 60 to 85 FICO points.

Now, Jill takes out an installment loan for $5000. She uses the loan to pay down the CCs. After this processes, her credit report looks like this:

Visa: $0 charged on a $1500 limit
MC: $18 charged on a $1000 limit
Target: $0 charged on a $300 limit
Wamu: $11 charged on a $2000 limit
Installment loan for $5000, paid on time.

To FICO, the second credit report looks oh so much better than the first. Only half the cards are even carrying balances, and the half that are have a utilization in the low single digits. Plus, an installment loan is now present, broadening the consumer's credit mix. Jill's score would probably be around 660 to 685 after these changes.

Strange, but that's how the FICO game is played. So yes, if you have the chance to take out an installment loan and pay off CC balances, do so! Just be sure you don't charge the CCs up again. A cheeseburger every other month on half the cards, and that's it.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It might help your credit score, but maybe not your wallet...they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions (aka people who consolidated debt and then ran up their cards again, as I did once before learning my lesson about fiscal responsibility). Smiley Surprised
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much. I will take a look into prosper.com. We have checked into our credit union. It was a no-go based on my husbands fico and my income. Not a great combination. I will again look into your suggestion and appreciate your response. We are open to any suggestions or more insight. We need a solution to the inflated revolving debt that we have. The Jones's are watching.....(lol)

Rileymyboy

Message Edited by rileymyboy on 08-27-2008 10:05 PM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.