cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some a answers... count find this anywhere. Credit score dropped after CLI.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need some a answers... count find this anywhere. Credit score dropped after CLI.

Alright my fellow credit achievers so yesterday I got a total shock. I've been working on my credit now for the past year. Recently I got a huge CLI on my JetBlue card for 3k so now it's at 6.5k. I'm like awesome my score will go up. NOPE. Went down a whole 35 points and nothing else changed. My credit ratio went down to like 29 points and was higher that's about it and everything has been paid on time with no hard or soft pulls. Can anyone explain this because I sure as he can't. Now the score I'm referring too it like the normal credit score you get off of credit karma and the like. My fico 9 score went up by 1 point though. Ugh why any answer would he appreciated. Thanks.
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: Need some a answers... count find this anywhere. Credit score dropped after CLI.

@Anonymous wrote:
Alright my fellow credit achievers so yesterday I got a total shock. I've been working on my credit now for the past year. Recently I got a huge CLI on my JetBlue card for 3k so now it's at 6.5k. I'm like awesome my score will go up. NOPE. Went down a whole 35 points and nothing else changed. My credit ratio went down to like 29 points and was higher that's about it and everything has been paid on time with no hard or soft pulls. Can anyone explain this because I sure as he can't. Now the score I'm referring too it like the normal credit score you get off of credit karma and the like. My fico 9 score went up by 1 point though. Ugh why any answer would he appreciated. Thanks.

Credit Karma does not provide a real score. Don't go by that. That is all.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 2 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need some a answers... count find this anywhere. Credit score dropped after CLI.

I actual pulled my real score all 3, each of them went down after my FLU. So was just referring to that so someone wouldn't think I meant like a fico score. I'm not particularly score savvy so the technical terms are beyond me. Regardless I mean the actual score. Regardless nothing else happened and their is still no answer to be had it seems.
Message 3 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI not flu
Message 4 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you say your utilization went down to 29%, what does that mean?  Aggregate (average) utilization across all credit cards, or just on one card?

I bet your utilization on one (other?) card went up and that probably dinged you severely.

Message 5 of 41
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I actual pulled my real score all 3, each of them went down after my FLU. So was just referring to that so someone wouldn't think I meant like a fico score. I'm not particularly score savvy so the technical terms are beyond me. Regardless I mean the actual score. Regardless nothing else happened and their is still no answer to be had it seems.

Well was it an auto-CLI or did you request it? If you asked for it, it was most likely a hard credit pull (aka inquiry). Those can negatively impact your score as it shows you are seeking credit. If there was no hard inquiry, I can't fathom why your scores would drop.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 6 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I could add a picture it's crazy right. It was completely random no hard inquiries at all. That's why I'm even asking I can't find an answer what so ever. You'd like right you'd see a score go up.
Message 7 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please answer the following questions:

• Since you last pulled your scores, did you end up paying off an installment loans to $0?
  • Since you last pulled your scores, has ANY of your credit cards reported a higher balance than before?  If so, what was that card's old balance, new balance and credit limit?
  • Since you last pulled your scores, did you sign up for a "consumer finance" loan from a subprime lender?
  • Since you last pulled your scores, did you have any old collections, chargeoffs, public records deleted?
Message 8 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

So basically my overall credit utilization I was to say it went from like 55 percent to 29 percent with that increase and my payments which are due at the beginning of the month. I have 4 total cards. My total credit limitis 7500 it's no down to like 2300 with that random CLI. So yeah I I even did the experian thing and pulled all 2 reports no change except the CLI and my utilization dropping due to it.
Message 9 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are the answer to your questions. I have no loans only loans on there is one from 2011 which has been paid in full.
2. No cards have been used since I've been paying them down so that's not it.
I have not signed up for any loans my last hard inquirywas march 1st for cap one.
I have 3 collections 2010,2011, an 2014 none of which have changed
Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.